SE: Custom Turret Controller: Missiles dont lead the Target

Moppelchen shared this bug 13 months ago
Reported

Hi.

The Problem is basically explained in the title. The custom turret controller with missiles only aims right in the center of a moving target. Of course the missiles miss completely because of their travel time. Auto-cannon and assault-cannon custom turrets lead the target and hit the target. Everything was tested on a ship in 0G gravity. Maybe this is an intended feature? Thank you for this awesome game!

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us.

Could you kindly provide additional information about this issue?

Are you experiencing it in a Single Player mode, Lobby/Dedicated Server (DS), or on Keen's official servers? If you're experiencing this issue on a multiplayer server, were you the host or a client on that server?

Can you send us a screen recording/video showing the issue at your end, the blueprint of the ship, or the world save where you are experiencing this issue?

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file, and attach it here.
  • You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves. For the DS host, world saves can be found in the \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves folder.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi!

Thank you for your immediate response.

I have this issue in Single Player Mode. I can't test this issue on servers because i don't play on any. I have attached a world where i encountered this problem.

In this world are 3 Ships and a Bad-guy-Printer that continuously prints basic ships. These dummies will fly alongside the ships to be shot at by the Custom-Turrets. All 3 Ships have 1 Custom-Controlled-Turret each. 1 has Missile-Launchers as Weapons. 1 has a Assault-Cannon as a Weapon. 1 has Auto-cannons as Weapons. You will(hopefully) spawn in on the seat on the Missile-Ship. Press "1" in your toolbar to access the camera of the turret. You will see where its aiming. In my game it just aims in the center of the dummy and the rockets don't fire because they wouldn't hit the target. If you like, you can then compare it with the other turrets(each marked with an antenna).

Thank you for your help.

Mops

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you so much for your cooperation.

We have successfully reproduced the issue and reported it to our internal system.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file