This object is in archive! 

xbox server

dan shared this bug 13 months ago
Won't Fix

hello

i have set up a dedicated xbox server using nitrado for space engineers

however when i try to join the server no spawn points show up in the menu..

it just says "No Respawn Point is Available"

is there a way to get the normal spawn points to show up??

do i need to tick/untick a box or something like that??

Replies (5)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, dan,

thank you for contacting us on our forum.

Can you please provide me more information?

So the server itself is running (you can see that in console/log), but you are not able to connect there, because you don't see any spawn points, right?

What world are you exactly trying to run? Can you be more specific (name)?

Respawn points should appear immediately, Are you sure your internet connection is well and stable? Did you try to reconnect to the game as well?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

hello Ondrej Borz,

thank you for the response

server was up and running

correct, no spawn points were showing up so i couldnt enter the server/world

scenario was Home System

mode was Survival

internet connection was working

i tried quitting the game then restarting it - that didnt work

however i read somewhere that ticking the "Ignore the last session" on the server side of things might help

so i did that and spawn points seem to be working and showing up again

however i seem to need to start in a new location/drop pod each time i start the game

but that might just be due to not having a medical room - think they might be needed for specific spawn points but unsure

photo

Hello, dan,

thank you for your reply.

Yes, there is an option labeled "Enable Respawn Ships" when this one ticked, spawn point should be present normally.

Once the server is running/you are playing for longer time, it is good idea to have some medical room (with Spawn name enabled and filled in). When you have enough power to keep the Medical room running, this spawn point should be also visible to you. It is also good practice to use Cryo pods in game when you fog off.

Please also take a closer look here on our official guide so you know you have everything set properly:

https://www.spaceengineersgame.com/dedicated-servers/

Let me know if this information helps you, please.

If nothing from above help you, can you please supply me both (client and server) logs, please?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards

photo

hello, thanks again for replying :)

"Enable Respawn Ships" seems to be ticked/enabled

had a quick look at the link you provided - it seems to be mostly directed at PC version but will

read through it in more depth when i get the chance.

im also starting to lean towards the idea that the server is auto resetting

since i found this (attached as "Automated Tasks") on the server side in automated tasks

which im considering removing to see if that works, personally cant remember setting that up at all.

will update with the results of removing it, if things change :)

these are the logs that i have access to in the File Browser tab: (attached as "Server Logs in File Browser")

and these are the logs i got access to in the Log Files tab: (attached as "Log Files")

unsure if any are the client logs though..

would any of those logs help?? if so which ones would you like a copy of?

also as a side note

i have the following mods active: (unsure if any of them would interfere with the respawn points)

Modular Encounters Systems - working

Imber Corporation - working

Parallax Concepts - working

Independent Contractors - working

Reavers: Terror of the Verse - no spawns yet, so assuming its not working

Pravda Heavy Industries - no spawns yet, so assuming its not working

Reddit Custom Encounters - no spawns yet, so assuming its not working

Corruption PvE Combat (legacy edition) - no spawns yet, so assuming its not working

photo

Hello, dan,

thank you for providing the additional information.

Unfortunately, from what I see, there is nothing more I can help you with at this point.

Nitrado's UI of the server app looks completely different than ours and I'm not familiar with it enough to help you responsibly.

If I run the server with the details you provided in our native DSGUI, the spawn point are working as expected.

Please contact Nitrado support directly and ask them how to set the server properly, if you are unable to find your answers in the document I provided earlier.

Once again, sorry I'm not able to help you more. Wish you all the best about resolving this issue with Nitrado support.

Kind Regards

photo

hello Ondrej,

thank you for your help

since removing the Automated Task i have had no issues with the server and im able to spawn at my base area :)

now just need to gather the resources for a proper medical room and cryopod (keep forgetting to store my items)

then onto looking for something to add more planets/moons, hopefully luck is on my side - keep reading that xbox series x only handles 3 planets though unsure if thats changed (posts were a few years old)

but either way thank you again for the assistance :)

take care

Replies have been locked on this page!