This object is in archive! 

Static Grid raised between saves

Douglas Jordan shared this bug 15 months ago
Won't Fix

Built a base, various ships, docked on connectors. Loaded the world and now the base is floating above the ground with no connection to the voxels. All the first layer of blocks were in the ground when I started building. They are now raised about 5 meters and you can walk under the whole structure. Its very odd, anyone see this? Not sure it can be fixed vs starting over.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Douglas!

Thank you for writing to us.

Could you share some additional information about the issue you're experiencing?

Is this issue happening on Lobby/Dedicated Server (DS) or in Single Player mode? Did this issue occur to all grids you build on voxels? Are there any active MODs in the world? If yes, kindly disable all the MODs or make a blueprint of your base (docked ships will get added to the blueprint) and paste it on a new vanilla (no active MODs) world. Save the world, and reload.

If the issue persists, kindly send us a screen recording/video showing the issue at your end, the vanilla world save, and the log files when experiencing this issue.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves. DS world saves can be found in the \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves folder.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers. DS log files can be found in the \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated folder.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I mostly posted this issue to see if others saw something similar or did the Z axis just get corrupted in the database and caused the problem. If this happened frequently, I would take the time to debug it and find a way to reproduce it. I had hoped someone would chime in and say you need to edit a file to set the z axis to be back in the voxels and I could go on my way.

I downloaded the world from the workshop, its single player and it began in creative, I later switched it to survival and perhaps that has something to do with it, but I had already been building in the world for several weeks. There are mods in use and I have been using them for years now and not seen this issue elsewhere. There are npc grids in the world but those are typicaly buried so deep how would you know if they moved up unless you kept track of that information.

photo

Hello, Douglas!

Any updates on this issue?

Is the issue still occurring in the vanilla (no active MOD) world?

As requested in our previous response, to provide you with the relevant resolution, we require vanilla world save along with a screen recording/video showing the issue at your end.

Kind Regards,

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!