This object is in archive! 

Movement get stuck while pressing

Tom Reineking shared this bug 15 months ago
Won't Fix

My movement keys get stuck randomly after I press them. For example, I want to fly forward, but instead of slowing down after I take my finger off the keyboard, the character speeds up and crashes and dies at the next structure.... every time, my game is now basically unplayable.

I have tried a new world and a new install.

Can someone help?

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Tom!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue.

Could you provide us with some additional information?

Is this issue happening in a particular game/world save or in all (new/fresh world) saves?

Is this issue happening when using a jetpack or when flying ships as well?

Could you kindly check if the Inertial Dampers is ON or OFF (see attached image) when you are experiencing this issue? You can toggle inertial damping ON and OFF by pressing the Z key on the keyboard. Generally, the Inertial Dampers should be turned ON while maneuvering.

Also, are you using any MODs or plugins? If yes, deactivate them and recheck if the issue persists.

If you still experience the issue, kindly send us the unmodded (no active MODs) world save file, the screen recording/video showing the behavior on your end, and the log files.

• You can access your saved files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!