This object is in archive! 

Timer block on blueprinted ship.

Rat King shared this bug 15 months ago
Won't Fix

My assumption:

Timer blocks on ships that were pasted from a blueprint ignore changes in their setup actions - they do show the changed action in the menu but execute the set they had in the blueprint.

My observations:

I built a ship (small grid) in creative with a chain of timer blocks doing stuff. Blueprinted it. Pasted the ship in another creative world (used it as a way to teleport from space to atmosphere). The timer block chain and all the mechanics (hinges/pistons, mostly) work correctly at this point.

Then i repositioned one of the timers - i fully removed it from the ship and placed a new one on another spot, wrote all the same settings and actions into it, set up the previous timer in chain to activate this one. The chain worked well until needing to call the new timer - it didn't start. When i started the new timer manually, the chain worked fine to the end.

To further debug, i created a screen for each timer and added an action on them to shut it down for me to notice, but no timers actually did it besides the new one. All the time they still execute the actions i gave them in the previous world correctly.

The worlds have exactly the same settings and modset (one mod - paintgun).

Copy/pasting the ship doesn't fix the problem, but using programmable blocks to set new actions with a script (flushing them to nothing and setting up anew, anyway) does.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Rat King,

thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

However, when following your text, I didn't experience this issue not with base, nor with ship, small grid, big grid...

Can you please provide me more information?

The best would be if you can provide me a save file with the ship already there (ideally not broken yet), and the video showing this issue so I can follow your steps exactly.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!