This object is in archive! 

Game freeze after 3 minutes

Arvin Jade shared this bug 22 months ago
Won't Fix

hi, I already troubleshooted this issue with representative from your steam.

The issue is the game even if you start fresh does a freeze for 10 seconds after 3 mins of game play. Doesnt mater if you have no blocks present in the world.

My PC Specs:

Ryzen 5 5600x

128 GB RAM

RTX 2070

SAMSUNG EVO 980 PRO SSD 1TB

THINGS I TRIED:

*Set everything to default in bios and even updated the firmware

*Updated motherboard Drivers

*Updated GPU Drivers

*Disabled what so ever windows securities and updates

*I even monitor Task Manager during the freeze and i only had 30% CPU and 10% RAM consumption while recording videos while the game freezes.

I also did video the issue and uploaded it on my youtube for you to see. I created a new world no customization or mods since im new to this game. i only played 20hrs or something and i endured the freezes from the start.

Video: [You can see the freeze right after 3:28.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vShiEAZmCnE

Hope for a good response

Replies (5)

photo

As an update I also tried disabling auto save and did not help. I tried the game on an intel system and it was fine. I think you need to check the game on AMD Machines because another information i forgot to share is on AMD setup pressing ESC button also will case a 10 second freeze before i can access the Menu.

photo

Hello, Arvin!

Thank you for letting us know about your issue, and we are sorry that you are experiencing it in the first place.

Could you try changing your graphic presets to check if the issue happens in any particular graphic mode? To do so, from the Main Menu, click on Options, select Graphics, and change Quality Preset to Low/Medium/High, click on OK to save your changes. Also, check if the correct Video Adapter is selected. To do so, from the Main Menu, click on Options, select Display and check if the correct Video Adapter is selected (it should be your Graphic Driver, like Nvidia), and click on OK to save your changes, restart the game if prompted. Start New Game/World and check if the issue persists.

If you still experience the issue, exit the game and kindly try the following workaround that has resolved the issue for a few players.

• Go to your library on steam and find the tools tab
  • Find space engineers - mod SDK and install it. It's a free dev tool that Keen released to everyone.
  • Open its folder and then open Bin64_Profile
  • Copy VRage.Library.dll
  • Now open your space engineers folder and paste this .dll into its Bin64 folder
  • Click yes to replace the existing one
  • Start the game and check if the issue persists

If none of the above workarounds solves your issue, kindly send us the latest log files when experiencing this issue.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

i asked the community about fixes and did a lot. I play the game on very very low graphics and its not solved the problem. and i have an RTX 2070 i dont think it will affect or have issues with the game even without any blocks placed yet in the world. You can see the specs i sent above its more than enough to run the game.

I tried your fix but did not help. I also tried deleting the shader cache also did not help.

Here is another video of my testing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkXLkLwN7q4

photo

Hello, Arvin!

Thanks for your prompt response.

Sorry to hear none of the workarounds helped you in resolving the issue. As mentioned in our previous comment, could you kindly send us the log files when you experience this issue? It would greatly help us to investigate the root cause and provide you with relevant suggestions.

Kind Regards,

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!