This object is in archive! 

Update 1.201.014 - ship issue for all my saves

Rob Glassburn shared this bug 22 months ago
Won't Fix

All ships are frozen in place. As if they are stations. However neither station or ship buttons show up when I try to ‘convert to ship’. Everything was fine last night before this fix. I did note that a new spawned enemy ship was moving. Also I cannot grind any ship that is in this mode (all of my ships seem to be in this mode). I can go into admin and delete ships. Have not tried anything else

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Rob,

thank you for letting us know and we are sorry that you are experiencing issues in your game.

Can you please provide more information?

When you say "all ships" and "all saves" does that mean that there is absolutely no usable ship on any of your games that was working just fine before the update?

Are also new ships that you built after the update affected? Did you try to make a blueprint of the old ships and paste it anew into the game?

Can you please share me some files that are broken on your side so I can take a look as well on my end?

The best would be if you can share me some of the affected save files. You can also share me a video of this issue, so I know what you are doing in the game exactly.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thanks.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, I checked tonight and it seems to be centered on my ships that were in a safe zone where I last played. One captured ship was just outside the safe zone and was affected as well. I am able to delete these ships but not able to blueprint them. I can paste other ships in the game and I check a couple of other ships left on a planet and they seem ok. I opened the other save I use (for creative building) and now see that those ships seem fine. I tried to remove the safe zone(one of the stations the game generates) but was unable to(could be that I don’t remember how to do this correctly anymore). I am in survival so I can’t copy/paste. I tried to open some older games from as early as June 6 2021 and they will not load due to errors (they used to work way back when). I wonder if being in proximity to the safe zone caused the issue.

photo

Hello, Rob,

can you please share me the save file, as requested above?

Also... you still can make blueprints (aim at the grid and press Ctrl + B) even when playing in survival. You just can't place them, if you are not playing fully creative or not having the creative mode On in Admin screen.

But since you are narrowing the issue down now to just some (one?) ships in one save... I would really need that save and preferably also a video recording, showing this issue, so I know exactly what you are doing in your game and I can follow.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!