This object is in archive! 

Cannot Repaint Blocks

- PouncingChicken - shared this bug 23 months ago
Won't Fix

Preface: I love this game and really wish the best for it, I have over 850 hours in the game so clearly I care about it.

Throughout my time playing Space Engineers I have encountered numerous bugs, most of them have been solved relatively quickly, or later down the line when I come back to the game. This bug, which has been randomly occurring in both my multiplayer and now my single-player games, causes you the inability to repaint already built blocks. This despite the fact that I own the grid, as well as built it all myself. There is a way around this, which involves grinding the block down and changing the color in your paint menu, then replacing and welding the block. This has been extremely annoying when combined with accidentally repainting a ship by pressing shift+ctrl+middle mouse button. Please kindly get back to me on this so I can send possible details about my world and help to fix this bug.

I have looked through the forums for answers to this problem to no avail, and the gall of Keen Software to not acknowledge this as a bug when it is not only affecting multiplayer but not my single-player games.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, -PouncingChicken-,

thanks for reaching our forum with you issue.

When I did try it, I've seen no issue of the feature that you are mentioning (repainting blocks). All is working fine and as it should on my side.

Since you are mentioning that it is happening to you also in single player game, can you please share me the affected save file and share me also a video showing this issue along with it, so I can see what grids are you trying to repaint, where they are in your game etc.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Does the repaint feature not work for you at all all times on the affected game, or do you do some special steps before it get broken?

When you are writing that the repaint is actually working for you for the whole grid (Shift + Ctrl + mouse wheel), I take it this method is working fine for you. So only the other methods of painting are broken (painting single block, 3x3 area and so on)?

Is there any error message displayed on the screen, when you try and the painting fails?

Any additional information that you can share might help me as well.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!