This object is in archive! 

Dedicated Server - Small Ship Antenna Loses Connection

QuasarNova22 shared this bug 23 months ago
Won't Fix

Hello,

I found a workaround for this, but there may be some behavior with offline players which I felt could be unintended.

When a small ship grid using an antenna passes from 3.7 to 3.8km away from a "home" antenna being used by the player, the antenna disappears from the connection menu. If the player is using the remote control when the grid passes this threshold, the connection will not be affected. However, upon leaving the remote control, the antenna will disappear from the connection menu. The remote antenna is still visible in the HUD despite not being seen in the connections menu. Static grids are still accessible at distance, and so are ship grids nearby offline players.

For me, this behavior changes if the SyncDistance is increased from the default value of 3000. When I changed it to 5000, I found that I could sustain a connection past 10km from the home antenna. I did not do a detailed analysis past this point

Steps to Reproduce

1. Use a dedicated server with default SyncDistance value (3000)
  2. Planets map and survival mode
  3. Create a Large static grid with an antenna, from which the player will control other grids
  4. Create a small ship grid with an antenna and remote control
  5. Set both antennas to their maximum range
  6. Fly the small ship grid using the remote control to a distance 3.8km from the Large Static Grid
  7. Disconnect from the small ship grid
  8. Attempt to reconnect and notice that the antenna disappears from the terminal connections
  9. Place a disconnected player a long distance, but within antenna range
  10. Place another small ship grid with an antenna and remote control near the disconnected player
  11. Connect to the distant grid

Anyway, I hope this is helpful, and apologize if it is not!

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for writing to us.

Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce the issue. Could you kindly provide us with a screen recording/video when experiencing this issue?

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!