Infinite streaming when attempting to respawn

DCar shared this bug 17 months ago
Need More Information

Bug encountered while playing with friends, not on a dedicated server, when playing the Frostbite scenario.

Environment fails to render when selecting a respawn point after being killed, even after waiting for several minutes. When choosing a respawn point and selecting the command to respawn, the audio loads normally (indicating the server/client connection isn't lost) but the world continues to fail to render visually even after several minutes. The only solution is to force a reconnection to the server, sometimes further requiring termination of the application and requesting a new invite to the friend's world in order to force the world to render around an already-spawned character.

Bug is not new by any means, and revisiting the method where the world is instantly de-rendered upon death may finally end this bug.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue.

Could you share some additional information concerning this issue?

Did you experience this issue every time you tried to respawn, or are there any specific situations when this usually happens? It would be a great help if you could share the steps to reproduce the issue.

Is this issue happening with all your friends in that Lobby or just with you?

Can you kindly send us the log files and screen recording/video when experiencing this issue?

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar, and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Also, do you experience the same issue when playing on DS or other multiplayer servers as well?

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

The problem happened to me every time I attempted to respawn (4 times?), and it also happened to the other players who had connected but were not the host. Historically, this problem happens to me fairly consistently on dedicated servers if I attempt to respawn before the world renders in the respawn screen after selecting a respawn point, but the world has always rendered on dedicated servers if I wait long enough in the respawn menu.

Log files from the day in question are attached. Will attempt to get some footage, but the host may or may not be available for some days so we can connect to the same world under the same circumstances.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for providing us with the info.

When we tried to replicate the issue on our end, the game worked fine, and players (other than the host) got respawned without having any issues in the said scenario.

It would be best if you could share the screen recording/video (when possible) while experiencing this issue, and, if it's feasible, the world save file as well.

Concerning the respawning issue on DS, it is a known issue, and we have already reported it internally (thread's link).

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

The host was kind enough to give me the world files and a log file. Hope it helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu2yj6f51g6cbrv/Frostbite 2022-11-26 19-52-56.zip?dl=0

Leave a Comment

Attach a file