This object is in archive! 

Space engineers crash on startup

UriAtium shared this bug 23 months ago
Solved

Hi, I recently bought the Space Engineers [1.201] game and ran into a problem, the game crashes on launch, the game folder did not appear in AppData \ Roaming, I can’t provide log files due to their absence, when I click on the "play" button in Steam, black appears square for a second and the game crashes

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, UriAtium,

thanks for contacting us.

Are you sure your game is properly installed in the Steam folder? Please make sure your path is "Program Files (x86) - Steam - steamapps - common - SpaceEngineers".

If yes, and you are not able to start the game and get the Roaming folder created, please try these following workarounds for some problems with the game and let me know if anything from the list worked for you. If able, please provide also log file, if there will be any.

Just to make sure, here are the steps how to get to the log (make sure your folders are set as visible):

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

The list with the workaround/fixes steps:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

The rest is if/when you manage to start the game and create the folder in Roaming:

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it

Please let me know if anything worked and you are able to start the game and get the logs.

You can also share me a log from Windows Event Viewer if you won't be able to get the one from the game folder.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, reinstalling VC Redist (2005-2019) and reinstalling the game helped me to solve my problem, I don’t see the point in sending the log, since the problem was solved

photo

Hello, UriAtium,

that's great news!

Thanks a lot for letting me know.

Yes, you are right; that was for the option if you get further but still not able to launch/play the game properly. But since you can now, there is no point.

As there is no further assistance needed from our side, I will close this thread now.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!