This object is in archive! 

Empty voxel map spawning an asteroid

Lachlan milburn shared this bug 17 months ago
Solved

I doubt this is intentional considering the name "Empty voxel map"

but whenever i spawn an empty voxel map it spawns an asteroid in it set at a specific seed (i think seed 0), i have tested this in vanilla and it still does it unsure if anyone else has had this problem if anyone knows how to fix it please tell me

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Lachlan,

thanks for letting us know.

However, I would need to see the video capture of what you are trying to do.

As I tried it in my game, I think you might be using wrong menu for this.

As you can see on my images (in attachment), there is no seed settings in the Empty Voxel Map menu. You are able to choose the seed in the other menus, however – the Procedural Asteroids and Planets.

In the Empty Voxel Map there is only the Voxel Size slider as an option.

Can you please share me a video of you using this menu in the game so I can first of all verify that you are doing it in the right menu? And also so I can see what is happening on your side once you try to create the Empty Voxel Map.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thanks for responding so quickly

I revalidated the game files and that seemed to fix it

I have no idea what caused it and if it happens again I'll be sure to record some footage.

photo

Hello, Lachlan,

that's great news! Happy to hear that you are no longer experiencing this issue.

Since there is nothing that we can help you with at the moment, I will close this thread as solved.

However, if you happen to have this issue again, open new thread and provide as much info as possible, including the video and some steps to reproduce.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!