This object is in archive! 

game no start (trying this one more time since they said "we dunno" last time)

Scott Dunn shared this bug 17 months ago
Won't Fix

okay, so for the past week or two my game has been unable to start, i click play, the launchbox opens, and then it closes and fails

the following are things i've done to combat this, which have all resulted in failure

-restarting my pc

-redownloading the game and verifying the files

-redownloading steam

-messing with .NET framework, which ive been told is the problem

basically everything shy of wiping my pc clean

i will attach a log file for the game launch, if anyone can help me, please and thank you!

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Scott!

Thank you for writing to us.

After investigating the log you have shared, it seems the game couldn't find the config (.cfg) file. If possible, could you get the config file from a friend who also plays Space Engineers? Or, you can try SE's new/fresh installation by deleting every leftover in the Roaming/SE and Steam/SE folders.

If the issue persists, could you send us the screen recording/video showing the behavior on your end and also a log from the Windows Event Viewer?

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

i have attempted these 2 things, but i dont know where the windows event viewer is, is the log not enough? could it also be possible to communicate live?

photo

Hello, Scott!

Could you kindly confirm which "2 things" you are referring to that you have attempted? The reason for asking this is that we are still noticing the "config (.cfg) file missing in the Roaming\SpaceEngineers folder" error in your latest log, which is the same error you had in the original log.

As we recommended in our previous response, kindly try to have the config (.cfg) file from a friend who also plays Space Engineers. Or, you can attempt SE's new/fresh installation by deleting every leftover in the Roaming/SE and Steam/SE folders.

To get the Windows Event Viewer log, please open the Event Viewer (from the start menu, type Event Viewer). In Event Viewer, go to Windows Logs, Application, and send the top “.NET Runtime” error from Application: SpaceEngineers.exe. (please see attached image).

To do this right, please follow these steps:

1) Select the correct file on the left side (Application)

2) Select first the .NET runtime error from the top (using default ordering)

3) Copy the large bottom text and send it to us.

Please Note: make sure that the info is from the Application: SpaceEngineers.exe

Kind Regards,

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!