This object is in archive! 

PC shutdown since few days Power issue

starmindfr shared this bug 16 months ago
Won't Fix

Hello all

I have since 3 days power shutdown on my PC with SE only.

I players lots of months / years with same config and never meet this issue before. After long time i am back in SE and testing a custom world.

Details graphic were all in medium and world is not so big, few bases and 5 small mods

What occur is that randomly after 10 minutes to 1 hour PC just stop

Noting in game logs, the game stop with PC and no error visible before this.

But Windows event provide a detail : Kernel Power (so lack of power or power surge)

After checks It seems to be 3.3V detection , I dont know why SE provide more stress on 3.3V maybe memory usage, I have 32 GB on a PC win 10 with azus P8Z77 V pro MB and SSD drives.

Disabling 3.3V monitoring in Bios (up to date) , and disabling anti surge seems to make the deal.

Maybe this could be a hint for peoples with same issue (only PC shutdown and no blue screen or dump)

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, starmindfr,

thanks for reaching our forum with your issue.

I find it hard to understand what your problem is. Can you please specify?

If I understand it correctly, you played the game and after the given time, while playing, whole you PC shut down? And you needed it to switch it on again?

Reading about "kernell" from Windows event viewer log, these crashes aren't typically caused by Space Engineers and may be the result of a system issue.

Most of the time we are not able to solve kernell-related issues. These crashes occurs in a wide range of games and apps in general.

Anyway, I'm happy to read that you managed to solve this on your end.

Do you still need any type of assistance from our side, as the issue can not be longer observed and you are able to play the game flawlessly?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!