This object is in archive! 

Please make Xe support

Aidan Matthew Galea shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

My laptop has 16GB ram and a quad core i5 but it still won't run for more than 5 mins in an empty world. please add support for Xe i paid for all the DLCs ontop of the base game i've sunk $100 euro equivalent into this game. it says card overheating but as a serbian national and native this can't be true, especially not in winter.

Replies (5)

photo

I have a backup PC with i5 2500, 12Gb of RAM and a GTX 660.

Both GPU and CPU are 10 years old and absolete, but SE plays well on lowest settings, even on servers.

Do you know what GPU your laptop has, or is it an integrated one?

I would recomend geting the laptop cleaned, a pro can remove a ton of dust out of it, if that is the problem.

photo

Hello, Aidan,

thanks for letting us know.

Can you please specify what exactly is your problem?

Do I understand it correctly, that the game is crashing for you? Under what circumstances? What are you doing in the game exactly? Any piece of information might help.

Can you please also supply me a log file from your game?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

expanded info:

settings low, no mods, completely empty world with not even a cube of light armor and it crashes at most affter 1 minute with a blame deflection message saying that the graphics card overheated.

laptop info

integrated quad core i5

integrated GPU Iris Xe

16GB of VRAM

512GB of storage

laptop's brand new and it can run games like minecraft with highest quality and render distance and multiple mods.

my old laptop didn't even have its GPU labelled and had an i3 and 2GB of ram, but could run SE on max settings with mods

photo

Hello, Aidan,

what is your current situation with this issue? Are you still experiencing it?

If yes, can you please try these workarounds?

• Verify your game files in Steam – right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If nothing from this list works for you, please supply me a log file from a game session where you experience the crash.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thanks.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!