This object is in archive! 

Never Surrender Scenario Drone AI Unreliable/Broken Since Warfare 2 Update

Pootis Mann shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

In the never surrender scenario, the drones will spawn with only a few of them having their AI. The rest will sit idle where they spawn until they are destroyed. This seems to have been broken since warfare 2. I noticed it helps when I manually override the "maxdrones" setting in the sandbox sbc + config, but only for the first wave of drones after you load up the game. After that, half the drones are still idle. This would not be a big deal, but the waves take forever to progress through due to having to hunt the bugged drones.

Thanks.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Pootis!

Thank you for writing to us.

Could you provide some more information related to the issue?

Are you experiencing this issue in modded (active MODs) or an unmodded world? If the issue is occurring in the modded world, please deactivate all the mods, and recheck if the issue persists.

If you still experience the issue, kindly send us the saved world (unmodded) file and screen recording/video when experiencing this issue.

• You can access your saved files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This occurs in an unmodded world.

I will upload the save file once I have access to my PC later.

Thanks,

photo

My internet upload speed is horrifically slow, so I am uploading the world with some screen shots detailing what is happening. If I really need a video, I can try, but it would take me a long time to upload.

Once again, this is an unmodded world.

The only thing that I can think of that could have happened is that the world was created possibly before some of the more recent big updates, but other than that never surrender started acting like this after warfare 2.

A couple other people on reddit seem to also have the same issue from a search I did.

Here is that thread just to show that I am not the only one experiencing this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengineers/comments/ybub81/never_surrender_drones/

If you need me to do anything else/get more info, just let me know.

Thanks.

photo

Hello, Pootis!

We have successfully reproduced this issue and reported it internally.

Kind Regards,

photo

Hello, Engineers!

This issue shall be already fixed with the new game version 1.202.066.

We are closing this thread, now as Solved.

If any of you still experience it even on the new version, please let us know either by commenting here or opening a new thread.

Kind Regards,

Replies have been locked on this page!