This object is in archive! 

Local Grid Alignment uses wrong or removed Grid

Marco Zechner shared this bug 18 months ago
Won't Fix
  • Expected Behaviour:

Select Large Grid Block, look at Stationary Grid and press "B".

Large Grid Block gets aligned to the existing Grid while looking at voxels

• Ingame Behaviour:

After pressing "B" the Large Grid Block aligns to a random Grid, sometimes 400m away or even a Grid that has just been removed with the Grinder and not the Grid right next to it, or being looked at while pressing "B".

• Result:

Local Grid Alignment is useless in that case because the Grid you could build can't connect to the Grid you already have.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Marco!

Thank you for writing to us.

Can you please provide some additional information?

Are you experiencing this issue on SP/Lobby or DS? Is this issue happening on the vanilla or a modded (with active MODs) grid? Could you send us the screen recording/video where you are experiencing the issue?

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I have experienced the issue on Singel Player, Experimental mode with Mods. (Version 1.201.013 default)

I am not able to replicate the Bug again...

It also only occurred in the region where I was Building, at another section of my base everything worked normally.

I was Building with the Beam Blocks on a Grid of Beam Blocks on the Moon. (image Below)

But I noticed another "issue" while trying to replicate this one. (video file Below)

If the Player aligns to a Large Grid, switches the selected Block to a Small Grid only Option and looks at another Large Grid the alignment gets changed to the new Grid even though the currently selected Block can't use local grid alignment.

A solution to both those Problems would be to "lock" the local grid alignment.

Look at a Large Grid with a Large Grid Block selected and press "Shift + B". A message appears: "Local Grid Alignment Placement mode, locked to <Grid Name>". And no matter where you look the Blocks align to that Grid only.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

This was a Screenshot of the first Bug. There was no Grid in that orientation at that moment. (There was once one but I removed it again)

unknown

photo

Hello, Marco!

As you have mentioned using MODs, could you please deactivate all the MODs and check if the issue can be replicated in the vanilla (unmodded) world?

If you still experience the issue, kindly send us the saved world (unmodded) file and screen recording/video along with the log file when experiencing this issue.

• You can access your saved files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Concerning the second issue you mentioned in the above comment, we recommend trying to replicate the issue in an unmodded world, and if the issue persists, kindly submit a new thread with all the relevant information because we can only address one issue per thread.

Kind Regards,

photo

I am having this exact same problem with grid align, So I did what keen said and removed the mods but the world becomes corrupted when ever I do that (Good thing I used copy's of the world). I have tried a few experiments with the grid align and its just the one grid which is haunted by a demon of clang. Other grids I make nearby or far away are fine and grids I detach from it are also completely fine.

This is a list of the mods I have installed:

Keen "Blue Nebula" Skybox - Default Lighting

Assault Weapons Pack Weapon Core (Discontinued)

Weapon Core - 2.4

BalCorp - Blackhole (Damage Version)(WIP)

(CG) Ravcor

Helghan (Weather Update!)

Icarus

Nebula Mod (3D)

Planet Reach

Safina - Desert Planet [V2] [Texture Update]

Water Mod

Paint Gun - realistic painting for survival + special creative features

I would love to get back to building my large ship hanger but without local grid align its gonna be super slow so I was wondering if I could gets some help to fix the issue.

Cheers!

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!