Audio emitter pool not getting cleared up (sfx getting overridden)

Constantine Carlos shared this bug 18 months ago
Solved

various audio cues are overridden by certain multiple uses of impact SFX, but the audio emitter doesn't get cleared up, making other calls for that emitter use the previous sfx

sample:

https://streamable.com/35nmk4

how to recreate:

using my mod Consty's Aircraft Pack: Ordnance (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2778533115)

select hydra rocket pod

fire onto the ground +-300m away for DistantSound to play (if the hydra pod is firing AP rockets, repaste the grid until it fires HE)

keep firing for a bit

after firing, bring the firing grid around 5m to the ground, and release dampeners to impact the ground

when the grid hits the ground, the HE DistantSound SFX should play instead of the regular grid on voxel sound

video on how to reproduce:

https://streamable.com/lm9n3b

according to Digi on discord:

- impact sounds use a pool of sound emitters

- ammo physical material impact + distant sound + crossfade gives those sound emitters a secondary sound

- spamming lots of ammo hits will do that to most/all the pooled emitters

- secondary sound does not get cleared when emitter is given back to pool

- other unrelated impact sounds play (character to grid, grid to voxel, etc) which will grab one of those pooled emitters and play the secondary sound that was already there

Attached save file of the world used to reproduce the bug

Best Answer
photo

Hello, Constantine,

thanks for the reply.

After another check of the issue and discussion with our programmers, we decided that this issue is really on our side and it's worth of checking it out.

After it was successfully reproduced, it was put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies (4)

photo

this sounds like the audio bug that keeps happening whenever I get near my refineries and the sound just starts infinitely playing.

photo

Hello Constantine Carlos,

Thank you for contacting Keen Sotware House.

I have reproduced described issue, however we do not offer mod support.

Can you, please, try to recreate the issue in vanilla settings? I was not able to reproduce the issue on vanilla, so this does not seem to be issue of the game.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House

photo

the issue should be reproduceable with any impact sfx with DistantSound and Crossfade effects. However, since the only impact sfx that uses both crossfade and distantsound has them commented out, i can't really test it in a fully vanilla environment (that being RealWepSmallMissileExplDistA)

it is a fairly easy issue to work around with since all i have to avoid it is remove the crossfade effect, but it fairly limits modability of sounds i think

photo
photo

Hello, Constantine,

thanks for the reply.

After another check of the issue and discussion with our programmers, we decided that this issue is really on our side and it's worth of checking it out.

After it was successfully reproduced, it was put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineers!

We're happy to inform you that the upcoming "203" update contains a fix for the bug you have reported. Thank you for taking your time to inform us about this issue and making Space Engineers better.

If you are still experiencing the bug on the new version, please let us know by commenting here or opening a new thread.

We are closing this thread as "Solved".

Kind Regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file