This object is in archive! 

Random Invisible Voxel post world generation

Brian Collins, Jr shared this bug 17 months ago
Won't Fix

I've run into a rather... odd... error in one of my singleplayer worlds - voxel changes that appear at random AFTER world generation is complete... but often are invisible until I hit them with a drill.

As you can see in these screenshots, there are several places where I can stand on (or run into with a vehicle) voxel deformation on an otherwise flat ice lake (and interestingly enough, so far, it ONLY appears to be happening on ice). They cannot be hit with a hand drill - however, I can drill them with a ship drill, and it does collect ice. Sometimes it also causes the voxel deformation to appear, and once it even left a phantom voxel that is visible, but not actually there.

It seems very similar to the sort of desync issues that sometimes happen in multiplayer... but, well, this is singleplayer.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Replies (3)

photo
photo

Hello, Brian,

thanks for contacting us regarding your issue.

You think it is possible to share me also the save file where these issues can be observed, please?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Is this save the only place where this issue happened to you, or did you notice it before as well on other places (other saves)?

Can you provide any steps how to reproduce it, or what you did prior this issue happened? Once it happens, does it stay that way, or the issue correct itself e.g. after save/load?

Any more information would help me as well.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!