This object is in archive! 

Server not responding

Halma Masma shared this bug 18 months ago
Won't Fix

Hello! I've tried joining my friends' peer to peer server and every time I couldn't join and an error said that "server is not responding". My friends don't have this problem and they can join on each other, I'm the only with the problem. I tried deleting and downloading the game again and I even reinstalling steam but it doesn't seem to work. (Sorry if the log is long, I tried to join at 19:55)

I attached the logs, thank you for your further help!

Replies (3)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Halma,

thanks for reaching to our forum regarding your issue.

From the log, I can see some problems:

1) I can see that your PC is build by ASUS. There are some knows issues regarding the Game First IV app provided by ASUS on their PCs. Please try to disable it before playing Space Engineers if you have it and are using it. It might help.

2) Your log is full of "TryChangeToFullscreen failed" errors.

If you are in the game, in the main menu at least, you can try to change the resolution and window mode there. Or if you are not able to get to Options – Display settings from the game, you can try to locate this file on your PC and change the value manually.

For this, go to SE folder in Roaming, by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar, you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\. There you should be able to find a SpaceEngineers.cfg file. You can open in using e.g. notepad. Find line 90 and 92, that says

<Key>WindowMode</Key>

<Value xsi:type="xsd:string">1</Value>

By changing the number in line 92, you can change the Fullscreen setting here manually. It goes like: Windowed 0, Fullscreen window 1 and Fullscreen 2. Save the file and try to run the game.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello! Thank you for the reply but, I haven't installed GameFirst ever and I change my settings to fullscreen and I still can't join my friends' game. I attached the logs, can you help me please?

Thank you for helping

photo

Hello, Halma,

thanks for the new log.

Is there any update on your issue from the last time? Are you able to play now on your friend's server?

I'm not trying to tell that you did install it knowingly, but it might me active application on your PC nevertheless as it is build by ASUS. I'm not very familiar with ASUS build PCs, but you can try to look for that app on your PC as it might be installed there by default.

And if that is the case, it's possible that it is interfering with the game as it is used to "improve" the internet traffic for playing online. But it is not working well with our game.

In your current log, there is great amount of messages connected to the filtering of the servers. Can you please make sure you have no active filters in the Server Lobby in Join game menu? You can do so by the "Advanced" button on the right hand side of the screen there.

As there is no other error/exception in your log, can you please also share me a log from the Windows Event Viewer?

Thanks.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, thank you for your replies, I've reset the filters to default and attached new logs from space engineers and from windows event viewer also. I was searching for Gamefirst IV but i cant find it on my pc. I don't know if its installed by default, but if yes can you tell me where?

Thank you for help

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for providing the logs.

When inspecting your Windows Event Viewer log, we found a few errors related to Windows OS. Could you please check if your OS is updated or if there are no pending updates left?

Are you able to connect to different servers? For example, Keen's official servers or any other multiplayer servers?

Does your friend's server have any MOD(s)? Would it be possible for you to ask your friend (the host) for the server's log file (when you try to join the server but fails), also the server's world save file, and share it with us?

Could you also check your firewall/router settings or if any apps on your PC that could be blocking your network connection?

Here is some more info about the ASUS GameFirst. Kindly check if you can uninstall GameFirst by following the steps described in the mentioned link.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!