This object is in archive! 

[BUG] Custom Turret Controller retains names of destroyed weapons.

Tony Flury shared this bug 17 months ago
Won't Fix

I built a rotor mounted Turret Ball, controlled by a Custom Turret Controller, and during battle the Turret was destroyed (although the Controller remained intact).

The Build repair system rebuilt the rotor, hinge, camera and weapons as expected.

On inspection of the Controller, the Elevation, Azimuth and Camera settings were blanked out (as I expected) and needed to be re-assigned - I assume the controller Stores object IDs rather than names.

However the controller still listed the weapons that were attached to the rotor, but on testing the turret then refused to fire until the weapones were removed and re-assigned.

For some reason the weapons were not being removed from the controller list once the weapons were destroyed.

This gives a false indication that the controller is correctly set up although once the turret is rebuilt the controller is not actually connected to the new weapons, but for some reason has retained the names of the old weapons that were connected to it.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Tony.

Thanks for letting us know.

Can you please provide some additional information?

Are you experiencing this issue when playing as a Single Player or on DS or multiplayer server?

Could you kindly share a screen recording/video and a world's save file where you are experiencing this issue?

• You can access your saved files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!