This object is in archive! 

Cryo pod saving issue on server

Ian Lawson shared this bug 18 months ago
Solved

The issue that i have is that when i enter a cryopod, the data isn't being saved for some reason.

I contacted serverblend support about thisissue and upon log inspections found these lines of errors in logs. The first attachment shows an "offensive word" error as it tries to recall the save, but there is no offensive words on the server at all.

And the other is a Torch issue which points to a keen issue from the looks of things.

Im just wondering does anyone else have this issue or is this a bug that needs fixed, as its making it frustrating to have progress reverted and inventories wiuped upon loading into the world as if it was from the start of a new world.

Many Thanks, Ian

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Ian,

thanks for letting us know.

However, this issue is not happening to me when tried on my own server as well as on official Keen servers.

Can you please explain more?

Please keep in mind, that not the whole server is saved when you enter cryopod, just your inventory is kept, since your character won't die in (properly powered and connected) cryopod. But the server is running all the time for other players as well.

The errors that you shared on screens have nothing to do with the process of saving.

On what server exactly is this issue happening? Are you running it? When you are in cryopod and are leaving the server, do you save the server manually (if you are admin)? Do you have autosave enabled in the server settings? When leaving, do you shut the server down, or is it still running? Do you mean that your character dies while in cryopod? Is everything set and connected properly? Oxygen, H2, power etc.?

Can you please try the same on some other servers (our dedicated server app from Steam, or on some Keen official server)? If you would do exactly the same, but the game would save (the inventory) properly, then it's on the provider's side.

If not, and you would be experiencing the very same behavior, can you please describe your exact steps that you took? Also please share the name of the server, so I know where to try it exactly. If you can, it would be also good to provide a video/screenshot of this issue – your inventory and character position before leaving the server and after logging back in? To prove, that you actually lose your items from the inventory.

Any more information that you can share would also help me.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

The issue is happening on a server that i rent from ServerBlend. When i enter the cryopod when i leave the game and come back after the server was shut down, the character data isnt there so it respawns my character as if it was never there in the first place.

The server is a private one that i run for me and my friends so we can join it and play it if i, the world owner, isn't on the game.

After getting into a cryopod and leaving teh server to run for a little bit then restarting it, it seems to have fixed the ussue

photo

Hello, Ian,

thanks for the reply.

So I take it that the game is actually saved, when you leave the server to run for a while and the autosave kicks in, right?

Please consider also having the option "Save before restarting" ticked on. Or you might want to lower the "Autosave interval" settings. Or you can use the manual save (if admin) "/save" (defaults) write to chat.

So once the server went through the (auto)save, everything was fine with the character?

I have a feeling from your text, that there is no further assistance needed from our side, right? Can I close this issue?

Kind Regards

photo

yea the issue solved after the server saved and i wil take the advice on teh / save so i can manually force a save if need be.

You are more than welcome to close this issue now.

Thank you for al the help.

photo

Hello, Ian,

thanks for the update and confirmation.

Will close this thread.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!