Ship explodes after server restart.

Anonymous shared this bug 18 months ago
Need More Information

While mining, server restart causes ship to explode.

Ship has a section which I convert to station to anchor part of the ship for an asteroid mining run. Pistons and rotors push the drills into the asteroid from the anchor. If mining when server restarts, ship explodes upon logging back in.

This has happened 4 times now.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for contacting us.

May I ask if you're experiencing this issue on a particular server or other servers as well? Could you also share the Blueprint of your Ship with us?

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file, and attach it here.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi,

I'm experiencing the issue on Keen NA #2.

I'm attaching the blueprint. It's slightly out of date, but functionally identical to the latest version which blew up on the live servers.

The general mode of operation is as follows:

1) Pull up to the ore node so the drills are almost touching.

2) Convert the "spoiler" at the back to a station. (Use the control panel on the battery.) Note: The updated version has a small ship which converts to a station and the spoiler docks to it. You can make it work with the blueprinted version, you just have to spam the "convert to station" button to catch it when it blinks enabled. And then probably log off and back on because the client is out of sync with the server. The separate ship seems to be 100% reliable, but I forgot to blueprint that update.

3) Extend the drills piston.

4) Unlock the magnetic plate.

5) Turn on the drills and the rotor. Usually the rotor is moving the drills to the right side, if not reverse it.

6) When the drills get all the way to the right, trigger Timer 3.

7) Wait for the drills to make a couple passes to smooth out the start.

8) Set the spoiler pistons max distance to 0 and set them to extend at .1 m/s (should be just reverse them).

Important: Last night when my ship blew up, I missed the 10-minute and 5-minute shutdown notice, but I saw the 1-minute notice. I turned off the rotor and drills and reversed the spoiler pistons to start pulling the ship out of the hole. Unfortunately, I didn't make it out before the restart and my ship exploded. But it may be important that the ship was NOT drilling and pushing further into the asteroid when the restart occurred, but actually exiting. Also not, the ship was being pulled straight out and not able to collide with the mine shaft walls.

Most of the spoiler survived and was able to be towed back to base. Two spoiler pistons were destroyed, thus detaching the spoiler and sending the ship adrift upon logging back in. Two large ion thrusters, one jump drive, one large reactor and the entire drill head were also destroyed. The remaining ship was able to limp back to base.

I will also attach some screenshots of the drill ship operating nominally. And I might blueprint and screenshot the wreckage when I log in to the server next.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for sharing the BP and nicely detailed reproduction steps.

As you have mentioned, the BP you have shared is not the same as that you are using on the Live server. Could you kindly share the same ship's BP you are using and having issues with on the Live server?

It would also be a great help if you could kindly send us the screen recording/video where you are experiencing this issue.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

The provided BP functionally IS the BP being used on the server. Thank you!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file