This object is in archive! 

Massive Bug that prevents Use of (As of currently known), Pistons, Medbays, Cryopods

Firestar_9(Griffin) shared this bug 19 months ago
Won't Fix

Hello, we are on official server CA 2, our main grid seems to be what is bugged, as we just can't use some important items. If you make a seperate grid, it works fine, if you connect to the grid, it just all fails. We made a new stone miner on the base, and if you disconnect it, the pistons will all work fine, but if you connect a single block, the entire miner breaks and stops working.

We spent hours on the 13th trying to get Cryo Bays online, we tried to route oxygen as many ways as we could try, we built way more energy than we would ever need, just never worked. Not even beds worked.

Medbay, it used to work, but now it also just doesnt work.

Hell, some lights just dont work somtimes even.

I would request you contact me on discord at Firestar#9837, or by my attached email to this account. We will give you a whole tour, and better explanation than what I can really type up.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Firestar_9,

thanks for letting us know.

I would love to get more information on this issue that you are experiencing.

Does this happen only on the one mentioned server (CA2) or did you experienced this (or simillar) issue on other servers as well?

Is it broken only on the server, or does the grid behaves the same if you make a blueprint and paste it into other game mode (single player, Lobby mode...) ? Can you try, please?

If it would be broken there as well, it would be great if you can send me whole save file where the affected grid is.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

If no, and the grid would appear to work normally there, can you please send me the blueprint itself, so I can try to paste it in other games as well on my end and try it?

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

What is the nature of the issue? Is it bugged all the time, or after performing some steps (other then connecting and disconnecting as you are writing)? Once broken, it stays that way? Even after you log out from the server and back in?

Can you please provide along with the save/blueprint a video showing the issue and provide me some decent steps to reproduce, so I know where to look on your grid and what to do there once I load it on my end?

Thanks.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

1. I play on one server currently, so I can't say otherwise.

2a. Grid placed into a single player server had it all work completly

2b. Broken Grid File Attached

3. Bugged at all times, you can remove it, replace it, have somone else add it, have another team add and build it, server restarts, it's the grid telling these items they cant do it for somreason even with plenty of power and oxygen, or other resources they might need.

4. I don't know how to provide a video, but I can show you directly as it is an official server. Just DM me on my discord provided above and you can see it for yourself. But to reproduce it, it kinda is just happening, the medbay used to work at first, but somwhere inbetween it joined the bug. But the Cryobayis in the main building that is complete, the drill area won't work until you disconnect the conveyors(we have to disconnect and reconnect them to use the drill). Medbay used to be in the main building, but we had to move it to another grid so we could use it. Interestingly, survival kits do work however.

photo

A new bug to add to this, Projectors do not work on the grid either.

photo

Button Panels also don't work

photo

It seems kind of random to me what works and what doesnt. Spotlights don't work either? And if a subgrid attaches to the main grid, the sub grib gets the same bug

photo

Hello, Firestar_9,

thanks for the blueprint.

Are you still experiencing this issue on your side?

When I did try it, there were some issues on the initial build, but all was fine once I added up more power.

The thing is that you have all possible block On and especially e.g. Laser antenna block can be very power-heavy. If set to Infinite, like on your provided BP, it can take up to (and maybe more then) 100 MW.

I would suggest you to significantly improve your power on the grid, or pay closer attention to individual power-heavy blocks and confront their options in the Terminal screen.

Please let me know if this is still an issue for you even when you improve the power input/output ratio.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!