This object is in archive! 

Dedicated Server Client Steam Login Does Nothing

Randal Williams shared this bug 19 months ago
Won't Fix

I cannot log the server manager into Steam. I also cannot add mods, as they all fail downloading on server start and then I get stuck in a boot loop.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Randal!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.

May I ask, when you experienced this issue, did you have a stable internet connection and Steam Client wasn't in offline mode? If the issue is happening with a stable Internet connection and Steam Client in Online Mode, could you describe the steps you followed on the DS Manager? It would also be a great help if you could send us your complete log file.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar, and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thanks for the rapid response. So, I'm running the dedicated server manager from a networked and online virtual machine on a vSphere cluster. The server is up and running and I play on it with others. I'll send logs to you, but one thing I'm noticing is it seems the downloads fail because (Not Logged On) via Steam. This is when I attempt to click the Steam selection from the menu and hit Login, but nothing happens.

photo

Hello, Randal!

We greatly appreciate you sharing the log files with us.

As you have mentioned using Virtual Machine, we have a few additional questions for you. Are you experiencing this issue only when using the Virtual Machine, or also when running the Dedicated Server Manager on your physical machine? Have you recently started experiencing this issue (after the recent update of DS Manager), or were you experiencing this issue before as well?

Any additional information will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!