This object is in archive! 

Jetpack spinning

lance boyd shared this bug 19 months ago
Won't Fix

Using my jetpack puts me into a continous counter clockwise rotation with dampeners on or off. I can counteract it with E key but thats it. No other actions affected

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, lance,

thanks for letting us know.

Can you please provide me more information? What exactly is happening? In what game (on (official) server, on DS, in Lobby mode, in single player)?

Is it happening continuously, or was it some one-timer?

Does it happen on some specific place(s)? Like only on planets, only in space etc... ?

Is there any way how to trigger this bug? Or do you experience it right from the beggining after spawn? Is there some temporary fix, like if you exit the game, it will start to behave normally again in new game?

Are you using any mods? If yes, can you try to do the same on unmodded world?

Is the issue still the very same if you re-map the buttons and try to use the jet pack and move around using other keys than WSAD/QE?

If nothing from above works, can you please share me exact steps to reproduce (if any action is needed prior the bug happens), some video footage so I can see what exactly is happening? If you are experiencing it on DS/Lobby/SP, can you please share me the save file as well, so I can try it on my end in your exact environemnt, please?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thanks.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Good morning,

What is happening is I login to any of my survival games (modded or nonmodded) is I press X and immediately begin a continous counter clockwise Circle on one axis. I have cut the game off and restarted it, ensured no keys are being depressed in anyway with no help. No specific steps other than a routine login was required and it continued no matter what with the only help being continued pressing of the E key or no jetpack usage. I will send the save files if necessary

photo

It doesn't change when starting a new game on a planet with or without gravity or other factors,

photo

Hello, lance,

thanks for your reply.

Can you please try what I wrote in first comment, please?

Is the issue still the very same if you re-map the buttons and try to use the jet pack and move around using other keys than WSAD/QE? That would be really interesting to know.

Also if you have possibility to try other keyboard, please do so.

You are not experiencing any simillar issues in other games/when using the PC normally?

You can try the general advices:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know if anything from above works.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!