Allow players to buy ships from their blueprints on NPC stations

Luca Grabacr shared this feedback 19 months ago
Under Consideration

I think one of the biggest hurdles for creative players to get into survival is the fact that they have to weld their ships which can sometimes be big and complex, this is proven by the popularity of mods like build and repairs which can weld your ship for you

So if we can buy our ships from our blueprints on certain NPC stations which specialize in welding or shipbuilding, it will make survival more accessible and even make it more enjoyable to veteran survival players who might not feel like they want to weld a ship as well as make the economy more useful! c=

Edit: The credit cost can be based on material cost of the ship / blueprint

Replies (10)

photo

Would love to see this!! I know this would make economy mission more played and give creative players a more enjoyable survival experience.

Would also add more objective to the game and some kind of self-made end point where you have to save up for your biggest blueprints etc.

Adds more diversity to playstyles as well, as some people may prefer the grind credits and other prefer to grind for the materials to weld their ships.

Also blueprints with subgrids have always got issues welding in survival. This is also an easy fix to that

photo

I think it would be a good idea, would also be good to add banking, so the economy can work without npcs XD

photo

Cool Idea! But while they are at it, they could also allow these “Shipyard” stations to offer repair services. Fly your ship into the designated area with a repair projector on and pay to have all unwelded blocks welded and all damaged blocks repaired. Would be great for compact designs that dispense with maintenance shafts. Also allow automatic grinding of not fitting blocks for maybe a 80% refund, then you can also create tired blueprints and essentially pay to have your ships upgraded. Any removed blocks inventory would be moved to the station for safekeeping to be reclaimed via the trading menu afterwards.

If you want to get fancy allow us to buy a life insurance that makes it possible to respawn at the station if we have no other spawn point and immediately buy a better ship, assuming we have enough credits in the bank account of course.

If you want to get really fancy add an impound mechanism for stolen ships with a notification for the owning player.

photo

Yes!

photo

Yes to all of this XD

photo
photo

There could be an entire NEW NPC ship-building faction. You submit your blueprint in a special store. Once paid for, there's a timer. The ship is then jumped in when the timer expires. The ship comes with fully charged batteries, jump drives, full oxygen and hydrogen, and a minimal amount of uranium in each reactor.

It shouldn't be cheap. This would be better for most players than depending on the prefabs.

photo

This is a superb idea!

It ties in with the idea to be able to associate a grid you wish to sell with the store so you can build ships and sell them to other players in your store, or even sell ships you no longer want to NPCs.

We already know ship value can be calculated by component base cost, as this has been a thing doable using the Space Engineers Calculator app for many years now. You can see a list of total components. Multiply each component category quantity with the base price of the same component in the store. Add up the costs of each category, and there you go, you have the base material cost of the ship. If building the ship yourself to sell it, add in the price for your time/labor, any fuel and cargo, and now you have a good price point to use when putting it up for sale.

photo

amazing idea

photo

It's a nice idea, but there would have to be some way to mark a blueprint as being one of the ones you want to sell. I have many blueprints, and most of them aren't vehicles of any kind. A good number of them are just one or two blocks. Filling the Store interface with those would be very unhelpful.

photo

Within the confines of what Keen currently dares calling User Interface, I would imagine it to use a blueprint selector similar to the one in the projector.

Then again it might just as well be once again an entirely new, entirely different, bare minimum implementation that kicks in the teeth any UX that SE users so far learned and memorised …

photo
photo

Good afternoon!

Looks like the spammers have begun to target your support site again. The notification email is included below; the comment from maxim seems to be spam.

Sent from Mail for Windows

photo

Pff, "again"? They never stopped. You're just getting notified for the ones they posted in threads you happened to have posted at least once and therefore were automatically subscribed to. Also, just posting here doesn't do scrap. Keen needs their face rammed into posts like this with a dedicated support ticket to even so much as notice them and possibly have them deleted. I'd been doing that in the past but I can't be arsed anymore. For all I care, this laughable shitshow of token customer feedback forum can go down in flames and be buried in SEO spam past the eyebrows as a monument to Keen's utter disinterest, indifference, and incompetence.

Maybe maybe if one auto-forwarded all the "New post" notification mails with SEO spam to the personal work email address of Kienata's (you know, the so-called community manager), the matter would be taken more seriously …

photo
photo

If we can buy ships, maybe we should be able to sell them also? I've always wanted to play mp as an arms dealer

photo

I 2nd the comments about selling ships to NPC stations.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file