Safe Zone documented BUG

ZX Spectrum 48+ shared this bug 18 months ago
Reported

See attach video with BUG: While I try land on SafeZone some happens, the ship flies uncontrollably and unstoppably away.

On video:

Mine Safe Zone buid by my hands, and in default settings.

No one other touch it, no one change setup of SafeZone, no anyth. else.

All grids buil only by me, only with my hands.

Im only one in mine faction.

I build large grid ship while I was in another faction, but only I touch it and build it. Then i left faction, and make another. Then I build Safe Zone. All block in grid, signed by me, and build only by me. Then again I left faction, and make another private faction where again, ..only me. And then I try land on it, with mine large grid ship.

Replies (2)

photo

Little help that works for me: I turned Off and On Safe Zone, and in Custom settings of Safe Zone manualy deleted my old faction and add my new created faction. Then I can safe land in Safe Zone with large grid.

photo

Hello, ZX Spectrum 48+,

thanks for letting us know and for the video.

Can you please share more information?

I would like to try in on my end as well. For that I would need your save as well, please.

It would be best if you can share the whole save file.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Alternatively, you can share me blueprints of the base and the ship, as well, but there might be something in the world itself, so it might or might not work the same with just blueprint paste to any world.

For blueprints:

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

I take it, there are no extra steps that you need to take, right? It happens as soon as you touch the area of the safe zone with the ship?

I would appreacite any other information that you can share.

Thanks.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

A ZIP file with a test to reproduce the error is stored in the creative world. Just load up and press C to land. Then the ship takes off on its own uncontrollably and flies away unstoppably.

PS: If you add your faction to safe zone custom settings, the ship lands.

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for taking the time to share the saved world file with us.

When we tested landing the ship into the Safe Zone by following your reproduction steps, it did push away but not uncontrollably or unstoppably (please see the attached video), which is expected behavior because this is how the Safe Zone protects your grid from unwanted invasions.

We are glad to know that you have found a workaround to which we would like to add a bit more. In the Safe Zone block's Configure Filter, you can add your ship from the List of Entities: Grids to the Safe Zone's Whitelist (please see attached image), by this way, you can enter/land your ship into the Safe Zone.

We hope this works for you as well.

Kind Regards,

photo

New video in attachment.

Please, stop lying and twisting, not only in this case for several months. See another attached video. You're making a fool out of me. And you haven't fixed any bugs for a long time. I'm losing my patience.

photo

Hello, engineer!

The issue has been reported to our internal system.

Kind Regards,

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file