This object is in archive! 

Triggers don't work for using tools on the Steam Deck

Gary shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

I've just gotten a Steam Deck, and I'm having the same issue as everyone else with the triggers not working using what's in our hands, even though they work in menus just fine. I've enabled my back grip buttons and remapped L4 to right click and R4 to left click, which works fine, even though it changes the UI. The game thinks the built-in Steam Deck controller is an Xbox 360 controller.

I decided to do some experimenting with my Xbox One controller, which the Steam Deck reads as an Xbox 360 controller while Steam Input is on, which, as I understand it, means it reads the triggers as analog 360 triggers instead of digital triggers, and I still can't use the triggers.

When I turn off Steam Input, it recognizes that it's an Xbox One controller, and triggers still work in the menu, but the triggers still don't work as triggers for anything I'm holding.

I'm fine using the L4 and R4 if there's no real option to use the triggers for their intended purpose as I can on my PC, but I'm certain there has to be another way. Has anyone here figured it out?

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Gary,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Unfortunately, we do not support Steam Deck officialy, as well as Linux. And since Steam Deck is running on Linux, that might be the origin of the issue that you are having.

Please for any help ragarding this, see our official Discord channels.

Join our official Discord server https://discord.gg/keenswh

There you can find server with a name "linux" under the Space Engineers tab. Try to ask around there, please.

As written above, since this is problem with officially not supported piece of hardware on not supported piece of software, I will close this thread.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

This would be a plus for me to have. Any chance on someone making this a reality?

photo

Since the xbox controller is supported, it runs like a dream on steam deck except for this one flaw. Cmon keen, don’t be lazy, this is a simple fix and you’ve got a million of players on deck.

photo

I am having this problem too on PC. I am a disabled player who uses Xbox controllers. It would be hugely appreciated if you guys would give the controller interface some tlc. Also I play with my entire family. Xbox controllers on the couch is a better way to share good games.

Replies have been locked on this page!