This object is in archive! 

Local Grid Alignment turns itself off when trying to rotate copied Large Grid

LTWaffles shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

I am currently trying to build a Station. Due to it being mirrored, I wanted to copy one half of the Station to paste it onto the existing half, but whenever I enable Local Grid Alignment, the Rotation of the copied Grid is wrong and when I try to correct it, it turns off Local grid Alignment.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, LTWaffles,

thanks for letting us know.

Can you please provide more information?

It would be good to have a video of this issue happening, exact steps to reproduce, and either the whole save (that would be the best, so I have exactly same environment like you do), or blueprint of the affected grid.

For save:

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

For blueprint:

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thank you for replying,

however, this issue seemingly fixed itself because, to make sure im not wasting your time, after multiple tries on the same save in the same situation with multiple different blueprints (after the original didnt cause the issue), i couldnt recreate the issue anymore. The grid now immediently snaps into alignment with the current orientation when looking at the other grid.

If i run into this issue again, i will make an update topic with the needed infomation directly included.

photo

Hello, LTWaffles,

thanks for comming back to this issue with the update.

I waited a bit after your last comment to see whether it would happen again to you. Since it doesn't, I will close this thread now.

Please do not hesitate to open new thread should you experience this (or any other issue) again with providing all needed information.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!