This object is in archive! 

multi-seat ship not working, someone else is using this ship, seat with higher priority is occupied

Xardkort shared this bug 18 months ago
Won't Fix

My friend and I made a ship. The concept - he is a pilot, I am an script operator (missiles, lidar, drones, autopilot, autoprinters). But seats bugs do not allow co op control of the ship.

Place the control seat and the pilot seat on the ship,

disable all checkboxes of the control seat, turn on the main cockpit with the pilot seat. Take both seats with players and it turns out that the control seat is completely useless, the toolbar does not work and you cannot run script commands (someone else is using this ship / seat with higher priority is occupied).

The problem can be solved by placing two pilot seats.

Turn off all checkboxes on the first seat, except enable the target lock and set the main cockpit to the second seat. Now the toolbar works but the turret ignores the target's lock - error the target is out of range. Uncheck the box to enable target lock on the first seat. Now the lock from the second seat works but only for the server owner. Others have an infinite target lock bug. Please fix at least some of these issues so that co op control ship is possible.

Replies (8)

photo

You can play with two pilot seats on a dedicated server, but on one of the seats you need to turn off all checkboxes, and on the second seat, turn on the main cockpit.

We were in pvp with two-seat target lock enabled and didn't understand why turrets didn't use target lock. It is logical that you can not control the movement of the ship from two seats, but it is strange not to be able to lock targets from two seats or at least highlight them for a non-main cockpit. As a workaround, you can automatically disable target lock on non-main cockpits just like other checkboxes.

photo

Hello, Xardkord,

thanks for letting us know and for the update as well.

Do I understand it correctly from you comment, that you actually now do understand how this function works thus there is nothing we can help you with anymore?

Or is there still something you would want a help with?

Please let me know.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Ondrej Borz.

My second post only talks about a dedicated server. All the bugs listed in the first post still exist in peer to peer multiplayer. Also, on a dedicated server, shared target locking is not possible and the game doesn't seem to tell you "Hey, you turned on target locking on two seats, your turrets will no longer do their job."

photo

Okay, I'll try to be short. Peer to peer - if you are not the host, target lock does not work when using two seats at the same time (target lock is enabled only on the main cockpit). Dedicated server - the game does not turn off target lock on a non-main cockpit automatically (like other checkboxes) / the game does not tell you that when you turn on the lock on two seats - the lock does not work. You will find out about the problem already in

PVP:

if (turretsDoNotLockTheTarget) { youLose(); getUpset(); lookForTheProblem(); if (theProblemIsNotFound) goto PVP; else writeToTechSup() }

photo

Is anybody here?

photo

Anyone?

photo

Hello, Xardkort,

can you please share me more information on it?

It would be good if you can share exact steps to reproduce, some image or video so I can see the bug happening and also a world save with the affected grid where this can be observed.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

photo

ok i will make a video

photo

Hello, Xardkort,

it has been a while. Can I please ask if you are still experiencing this issue in the game?

If yes, can you please share the files as asked in the last comment? That would definitely help me.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!