This object is in archive! 

Piston head random disconnect

Kevin Metcalf shared this bug 19 months ago
Won't Fix

occasionally a piston head when reversed or turned on or off, will "disconnect" the piston head from the piston. it disconnects as by no longer being considered a part of the original grid, but is not subject to physics and is still interactable. so far all I've been able to tell is that only segments on top of the piston head with no power source have disconnected like this.

side note: this happened twice in the span of about 10 min. once on a tunnel bore. the affected segment only had 8 timerblocks and 2 light armour blocks. second a drill rig. first piston, the only piston with a physical connection to a power source, lost its head.

because the segments were unpowered, they were subject to the despawn mechanic.

Replies (3)

photo

if you need the list of mods lemme know.

photo

Hello, Kevin,

thanks for letting us know.

However, I would neeed more information on this issue.

Can you please try to reproduce this issue on the world where there are no mods active at all?

We are not supporting mods as such, as there are hundreds and probably thousands out there, it's simply not possible. It's the mod owner/creator responsibility to make sure the mod is working properly with the current game version.

Please try to reproduce this issue on vanilla (no mods) game as well, and if reproducible, please provide me the save file, where this issue can be observed. It would be also great if you can add exact steps to reproduce or video, so I can clearly see/know what to do and how to trigger this issue.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

If it's working fine without mods, please contact the mod creator and let him know.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!