This object is in archive! 

Armor plates blocking welders

Daniel Bordeianu shared this bug 19 months ago
Solved

Have tried repeatedly to print a small ship (a minimalistic large grid 3x2x4) covered for some protection in armor plates.

Every type of rotating printhead I try, the moment the welder gets to the new plane to weld, the exterior armor plates get welded instantly and impede rotation of the printing head. They behave differently than the other components, that become solid only after the printhead left them.

If you can, look at these images. The ship is basically a 3x2x4 covered in armor plates almost entirely. Try welding it like in the image.

Thanks

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Daniel,

I have reproduced the above, however I don't think what you described is an issue of the game. Can you try adding window in front of the welder?

Welders have an AOE that welds up blocks. The problem with Your design of 'printhead' is that there are panels that fit in between the welders. This can be mitigated by adding a panel or window in front of the welders so that the armor panels are blocked from being produced, but the welder can still weld trough.

Alternatively you can always look on workshop, youtube to get some inspiration from other player's build.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thanks, it worked, placing windows in front of the whole printing circle solved the issue (in fact the model I had seen had such a wall but I thought it a matter of design not function). Printed fine, with a few hick-ups on the periphery but that is nothing. A bit counterintuitive solution, putting something between the welder and the thing needing construction.

If I may, consider a small improvement to the game: not this welding thing but the forrest of markers on HUD. You can remove them or their names, sure, you can even filter them if you painstakingly rename them arround bases or other points of interest. But, you would want awareness of your vecinity and not clutter with everything you've been. Can you not ad a "Display marker up to ......km" option in GPS screen? Always on screen taking precedence over this option. Immagine, jumping between bases and their ressource locations "updating", screen kept clear, danger markers still displayed for the new area, etc. It is (beside Lord Klang's moody temperament) my biggest gripe with your game.

Thanks again for the support. Great game, Keep improving it, please.

photo

Hello, Daniel,

thanks for comming back with the update of your problem.

Happy to hear that the provided solution workder for you! As there is no further assistance needed from our side on this, I will close this thread.

As for the second part of the message... this is not bug, but more of o suggestion. Please can you open new thread about this on our Feedback forum? More competent persons (designers, programmers) are monitoring this part of the forum, so we are redirecting all suggestions, ideas and feedback (that are not bugs as such) there.

Hope you understand.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!