SetHighlight brightness increases when mousing over Button (See attached Video)

Herboren shared this bug 20 months ago
Reported

unknown

766c8364b56b2ee14c81f8f5d1152557

Mousing over an Empty on model button increases SetHighlight brightness, not the intended effect. Replicated by Klime

1b8b87799bdd8cb7e18efab8b3e804fb

Files: 1.mp4

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Herboren,

thanks for letting us know.

Can I please get more information on this?

Do I understand it correctly, that this is happening with some mod (while working on the mod)?

Can you please share the save file with this mod active there, the mod file itself as well in the form of the zipped files or through the Steam Workshop, so I can see the issue as well?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Can you please as well share me exact steps to reproduce this issue?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

There is a mod, but it is not fully complete yet and not on the steam workshop. This is locally saved to my system. It's pretty simple to configure, unsure why Keen can't provide a sethighlight feature from their ModSDK to reproduce this. It's as easy setting setting up any kind of button (non-custom) and using SetHighLight. Every button/terminal panel will trigger this affect whether its player or keen made.

It is also not specific to save game.

photo

Uploaded another video of Keens SetHighlight under MyVisualScriptLogicProvider. Video is of Keen offocial models used in game and custom use object. Mousing over all interaction panels greatly increases highlight of set highlight.

photo

Hello, Herboren,

thanks for your answer.

I spoke to the programmer and unfortunately, we would really really need that mod, so we can look into it properly and try to reproduce it on our side. Hope it's ok to send it to us.

Kind Regards

photo

Again no specific Save file, this can happen on any game, any terminal dummy panel, custom button, keen official in game models. Mousing over terminals and buttons or anything interactable from a mouse over will increase the brightness to full.

Mod attached with code and custom model, but please have them try their own models because its not confined to a Custom UseObject.

Files: mod.zip
photo

Hello, Herboren,

thanks for the mod and for all the explanation.

Issue was successfully reproduced and put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Leave a Comment

Attach a file