Remove grids export functionality (exploit)

Silent1 shared this bug 19 months ago
Reported

People use this function/exploit to steal other people's blueprints it broke pvp in multiplayer in a way that u can't engineering anything that wont fall in enemy hands.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Pooyan n,

thanks for letting us know.

Can you please share me more information?

Especially having some steps that I can follow, would help me, as well as be able to see this problem on video.

If you can share even more information that might help me as well, please do so.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

i will

photo

you look at the grids you want to export press CTRL+ALT+E then in one of the files that it exprot is blueprint data of the grid with some modification or tools you can make proper blueprint out of it.

photo

Hi, bit more background information, im a moderator on alehouse, and this issue isn't new but has existed for as long as i can remember. But recently came to light as more and more players are discovering it

Anyone can export a grid, even if not the owner, the obj has been used to make sliced renders of other players ship to reverse engineer it, yes, people go this far to get the upper hand in PVP.

But more worrying is that alongside the obj there is an sbc file, that once you replace the header and footer with one of a BP file, it just becomes that, a BP. scripts included.

On a competitive PVP server this is detramental as you can imagine, people just stealing each others ships and even (usualy) very custom scripts. Or finding weaknesses in base defenses by being able to look at it without getting shot in creative singleplayer.

This needs to be something that requires server persmission so we can disable it if we want, and can't be easily solved by just a "hacked" client as server interaction is needed in order to export the grid.

It baffles me this feature is allowed in multiplayer...

photo

3d model export was added long time ago Space Engineers - Update 01.127 and was forgotten. This feature exports prefab along with 3d model and not checks ownership. It should be disabled in multiplayer.

photo

Hello Engineers,

Thank you for working through this process with us.

We are aware of this issue and hope to resolve this issue in a future update or hotfix.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

this game needs weekly update to keep up for the bugs instead every major update which happens 2.-3 time a year

photo

I guess restricting this feature to a player rank that can use creative mode tools like copy/paste is sufficient

photo

Greetings, A long time player here that has never used this feature but I have accidentally used it usually causing client crashes and damaging ships on dedicated servers. I humbly suggest that this feature be able to be disabled in game settings, this would prevent exploitation of this feature on dedicated servers and prevent users from accidentally pressing a keybind that results in a negative game experience as the game becomes unplayable when this keybind is pressed, this is very concerning as this keybind like others is needlessly hard coded into the game.

Regards,

Salty engineer wondering why this hasn't been fixed in 8 years.

photo

Me and my brother got this game when it 1st come to Steam ..... and from what we saw to what we have is amazing... but when People can just go around copping you ship and make it there own, is so wrong in many way... so of use may not care and give it away but other like me spend ages making a ship from Halo or star trek or any other thing we like... some of use take PvP to the extrema and spend ages on it we call this a META ship... and then you go to fight them 2 weeks later and they have your ship.... that to me is cheating or Exploiting and so should be banned in my eyes... but no action is taken... and you allow people to exploit , what is wrong with the mod and admins today... i had this job back on a game called CnC renegade.... with no anti cheat so we had to find way to test you in game... this could take up to an hour of are time... Un paid, im not saying you all get payed but, when a true game loves a game that much we dont want hackers cheater or exploiters in the game.. and i love you game a lot but will rant when i see fir to rant and this should of been sorted years ago

photo

New patch, still no fix

photo

"We are aware of this issue and hope to resolve this issue in a future update or hotfix."

Yes, and players have been hoping for a fix, too, you know?

Hoping, hah. Yeah, because hope ever fixed anything. You know what's better than hoping for things?

DOING THINGS!

Maybe instead of hoping you should start praying. I'm sure praying helps, seeing how hoping hasn't been enough. Thoughts and prayers. Yeah, those always work.

photo

Lol well said .well siad yesterday i saw one of our exact ship in enemy safezone. Well done keen. Well done

photo

I didn't play online for a long long time and this is the main reason, it is a pity that is not a priority to focus on the PvP community...

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file