This object is in archive! 

Crash on Start; log states: at Epic.OnlineServices.Bindings.EOS_Platform_GetP2PInterface(IntPtr hand

KimP shared this bug 20 months ago
Solved

See full log file attached

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, KimP,

thnaks for letting us know about this.

Can you please provide more information? Like... does this start to happen recently, or does this issue go on for some time? Dopes it happen on only one save/world or do you experience it on multiple worlds? Do you use any mods, or are you playing the game in vanilla (no mods) state?

You can try these workarounds:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

You can also try – what appear to help to some players – to delete the "checksum.xml" file in your game files in "Program Files/Steam/SteamAppa/Common/SpaceEngineers/Content".

Please let me know if anything from above works for you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello,

This was my first time running in a few years, I had to install to play again so vanilla with no saves or worlds/mods. I ran the verify on Steam as well as most of these suggestions to delete something. I also used no intro start command. My graphics card is updated and the log showed no issue with graphics settings or updates. I however did not reinstall the game as it had just been installed so I will try that tonight.

I was concerned that the log pointed to the Epic online services which appear to point to the Epic launcher which was not running at the time, I double checked that twice. I could not find anyone else online or in the forums with that specific error but please let me know if you have any other suggestions and I'll try to reinstall and update tonight if that fixes the issue.

Thank you for your time on this issue!

Kim

photo

Hello, KimP,

thanks for comming back to this thread so quickly.

As for reinstall... please can you try the very clean install? Make sure you don't have any leftover files nor in Roaming folder, not in Steam/steamapps/common/SE.

Do the PC restart after you uninstall the game and restart it once more after you intall it anew.

Try also the other workarounds that are mentioned above.

Hope something will work for you.

Kind Regards

photo

A complete re-install seems to have done the trick, thank you for your time on this!

Kimrell

photo

Hello, KimP,

thanks for comming back here and for letting me know with the update.

Happy to hear that it is now working for you. As there is no further assistance needed from our side, I will close this thread now.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!