This object is in archive! 

Intro is cut and ends abruptly

gatekepp3r shared this bug 20 months ago
Solved

The intro cinematic stutters from time to time and ends before the Keen logo is complete. The music also seems to start and end too early.

It doesn't affect the game in any way, so it's a super minor issue.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, gamekepp3r,

thanks for letting us know.

However, this issue is kinda hard to image without more information :) The video would be the best in a first place.

Also it would be good if you can send me log file from the session when this issue is happening.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Also any more information that you can provide – is it happening all the time? Every time you run the game? Is it happening for longer time now, or it just started recently?

You can try some of these workarounds:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (ti means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Or if you don't mind that you won't be seeing the intro, you can simply add "-skipintro" argument into the Space Engineers launch option in Steam (you can find this after clicking on SE in your Library with RMB – Properties – General – Launch Options).

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.

Here's how it looks for me: https://youtu.be/4kigb4_5AMY

I've also attached the log.

It's been happening for several months. Don't know when it started exactly, but I think I started noticing it when Warfare 2 released. Since then, it's been happening every single time.

I also verified the files, but that didn't help. Haven't tried the other workarounds yet.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

photo

Hello, gamekepp3r,

I have reproduced intro cinematic stuttering and music being out-of-sync (not exactly, but very similar to your video).

For me it happens on

• one monitor: alt-tabbing when the game is starting and alt-tabbing back (sometimes, not every time)
  • two monitors: while the game is starting, I do something else on the second monitor and coming back to the main monitor (sometimes, not every time)

Do you perform any of these actions when starting the game or you just start the game, wait and stuttering/out-of-sync happens?

If you have noticed anything, you think might be affecting the above, please let me also know.

Kind Regards

photo

Hi!

I have a single screen and it still happens when I just let the game load up without touching anything, which is what I always do. I've also tried alt+tabbing when the game's loading up (in case the intro got "stuck" and I might get it "unstuck" this way), but it didn't do anything.

I've also tried changing to fullscreen and window modes, and I have noticed that the intro may cut out a bit later or earlier (when the Keen Software House text and logo slide out at the end, it sometimes shows fully or sometimes cut mid-animation), although perhaps it's just happening at random.

So far I've tried verifying integrity in Steam and deleting the ShaderCache folder as well as the Roaming/SpaceEngineers folder, but the issue is still there sadly.

Anyway, thanks for the help! I'll see what else I can do to fix it.

photo

Hello, gatekeeper,

have you tried any other advices written above?

If you do it all, are you still experiencing the issue in the very same manner? Or does it change anyhow?

Or do you try to add the "-skipintro" argument into the launch option in Steam game options?

If you do this, well... you won't see the intro, obviously. But it would solve your problem. I know this is not proper fix, but it will for sure help you to not experience this issue anymore (especially if any other sound in the game isn't affected, when you play).

Please let me know with the update, if any.

Thanks.

Kind Regards

photo

Hi!

I've tried everything you recommended except for reinstalling the game, but the intro is still broken for me sadly. It doesn't bother me too much, since it's a very minor issue, and I haven't noticed any impact on the game performance or sound (well, except for realistic sound being broken, but that's a known issue afaik).

The actual video in the game files doesn't seem to be corrupted. I suspect it might be due to the game actually loading(?) during the intro and thus slowing it down, despite the game being installed on an SSD.

I guess I'll probably just disable it in the long run.

Thanks for the help!

photo

Hello, gatekepp3r,

it has been some time now, so let me ask you, if you are still experiencing this issue even now, still?

If yes, are you "willing" to take the workaround with -skipintro as the resolution, so I can close this thread, or do you require more assistance from our side?

Please let me know.

Kind Regards

photo

Hi Ondrej,

the issue is still there, but I'm willing to do the -skipintro thing, so you can close the bug report.

Thanks for the help!

photo

Hello, gatekepp3r,

thanks for your reply.

Happy to hear that we can consider this issue as solved and close the thread.

Hope the workaround will work for you seamlessly and once again, sorry I was not able to help you more on this.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!