This object is in archive! 

Game window closes while AFK

Peter Bauer shared this bug 19 months ago
Won't Fix

If I go AFK for more than 30 minutes, the game will keep running, but the game window will shut down. The only step I've been able to take is to tell Steam to close the game. This gives me a warning that my unsaved data will be lost. After it closes, I'm able to restart the game normally.

Space Engineers is my only Steam game that does this.

My computer does not treat this as a crash so I don't know what log to send.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Peter,

thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Can you please provide more information?

When you are saying that the window will shut down... what exactly do you mean? The game closes completety, or you are not able to see the game screen, but the game is still running (e.g. the icon on the Windows Start bar, Task manager)?

Does this happen to you with every SE game that you are playing – single player, online Lobby mode, multiplayer? Does it happen in multiple worlds/saves, or only on one specific?

Can you share me the log file of the game, please?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Any additional information that you can share would help greatly!

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

When I say the window shuts down, I mean that I can no longer see the game screen, but the game is still running. I can hear the audio still playing. The icon on the taskbar disappears too, so I can't reopen it. I've tried going to Task Manager, and I can't find it in my active processes. Steam says the game is still running and it gives me the option to cancel/close the game. This happens whenever I play SE, even if I'm just at the main menu.

Next time it happens, I will send the log file.

Thank you.

photo

Hello, Peter,

any update on this issue, please?

Are you still experiencing it? If yes, can you send the log as asked before, please?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!