This object is in archive! 

Game wont allow me to start a new world or even access my character

luke kieburtz shared this bug 20 months ago
Won't Fix

I have tried multiple different solutions to old problems and looked for new ones similar to mine, I have found nothing so far and im running out of options. whenever i try to edit my character or start up a new world (I reinstalled this game yesterday so I have no saves or mods installed) the game loads for about 1 second and then says "ERROR there was an error while loading the world please check the log for more details." I checked the log and it seems like only one thing is failing to load but there are no solutions online that worked. Thank you for any help you can give me!

Replies (3)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, luke,

thanks for reaching to our forum regardign your issue.

From the log, I most likely can see what your problem is:

Your log is full of "TryChangeToFullscreen failed" errors.

If you are in the game, in the main menu at least, you can try to change the resolution and window mode there. Or if you are not able to get to Options – Display Settings from the game, you can try to locate this file on your PC and change the value manually.

For this, go to SE folder in Roaming, by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar, you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\. There you should be able to find a SpaceEngineers.cfg file. You can open in using e.g. notepad. Find line 90 and 92, that says

<Key>WindowMode</Key>

<Value xsi:type="xsd:string">1</Value>

By changing the number in line 92, you can change the Fullscreen setting here manually. It goes like this: Windowed 0, Fullscreen window 1 and Fullscreen 2. Save the file and try to run the game.

Hope this will work for you.

If not, please let me know about the current (after you do this) situation and send me new log (where this specific error should no longer be present, so I can see what is wrong next).

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!