This object is in archive! 

[Maybe Linux] Copy function only works once per time the game is loaded.

Michael Ortegon shared this bug 19 months ago
Won't Fix

The first time text is copied via Cntrl-C works fine, and paste function (Cntrl-v) works as often as you need it. Once you've copied something in game, however, copy stops working and freezes the game for maybe the count of 15 before failing to copy.

To remedy I must completely shut the game down and reload the game. Each game reload only gets me the ability to copy one item in game.

I've checked the clipboard functionality in my OS (Ubuntu 22.04) and it seems to work fine everywhere else. I've also tried clearing the clipboard via Xsel. Having an empty clipboard makes no difference while the issue is happening. Game must be reloaded regardless.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Michael,

thanks for reaching to our forum with your problem.

Please see my video from my game, where I can copy-paste multiple times the same text in the text fields, in the attachment.

Please let me know if this is the issue that you are speaking about.

If yes, I think it really might be problem due to Linux OS, as it's not supported by the game in a first place. It works there, but exactly issues like yours seems to not work/work differently on not supported OS.

Please let me know, if situation on my video is exactly what you are trying to do.

If yes, and you are suffering with the problem in this, I suggest you reach our community on Discord, as there is dedicated server for help on the Linus and such.

Join our official Discord server https://discord.gg/keenswh

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!