This object is in archive! 

Server Support

Eric Johns shared this bug 20 months ago
Won't Fix

Hey, So I run a Cross platform server blend server. Ive spent two weeks working out kinks that mightve been on your end. As recently i found out that most xbox players and very few pc players can join. The rest of us keep getting a server not responding error when we use direct connect and cant seem to find it on the server list. Would yall check in and get back to me on this pronto. As only some people can join and some cant.

Thanks

-Eric

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Eric,

thanks for comming to us with your problem.

I would need more information on your issue.

Is this issue affecting always the same players, or some (another) can't join every time, while those who could not in past can join now? Is this issue new and this one specific server was working fine before, and this issue is new now, or do you experience this issue right away from the very first start of the server?

Can you please elaborate more and specify? Also if you could add logs (from the server/admin and from some other players), that would be good point to start. If you are the owner of the server, can you also share me whole save file, maybe?

Is this server that you are playing on using mods or is it vanilla (withou any mods) game? Please be aware that we do not and can not support mods, as there are hundreds and possibly thousands of them out there. So if you are experiencing this issue on modded server, try the same on the vanilla one. If the issue persist even on server without mods, we can move from there. If the unmodded game won't have this issue, then it's very likely that the issue arose from one (or more) of the mods that you are using.

Where you can find logs:

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers (for client logs), and \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated (for server logs).

Saves can be found on the same location (Dedicated), just in Saved folder. Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Yes, its happening to the same people. And for mods, I have a freind who has two other servers with the same mods and it works fine. So i know it is not the mods.

photo

Hello, Eric,

well, thanks for clarifying some of the information.

But I still would need more on this. Especially the logs and save of your server; like the real files, not just image of them.

Also – did you recognise any similarities on the pleayers that can and can not join? Like HW of their PC, internet speed... anything?

Is this issue new for you and only for this one specific server? Was it was working fine before, and this issue is new now, or do you experience this issue right away from the very first start of the server?

Are you and all the other players – especially those who are suffering with this – able to connect to any random different server without issues?

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!