This object is in archive! 

Red laser beam visual artifact/glitch.

J.F. Peixoto shared this bug 20 months ago
Won't Fix

A beam randomly appears for a split second, extending from a grid to infinity. the beam is always red and perpendicular to the grid, and illuminates grids and voxels (asteroids) that are kilometers away. It happened to me less than once every 1000h of gameplay, up until yesterday, along with several other players also reporting seeing them.

Footage of the glitch on a Keen official server (Steam): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad-LPR5NK6o

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, J.F. Peixoto,

thanks for letting us know.

I tried to hop into various servers but was unable to see reported beam.

Can you maybe please provide more information? On what server it happened exactly? Did you experience it always (in the past as well) on the same server, or was it on different servers? Did you try to check with the server admin? Did you experience it always on the Keen server, or on some that are run be others as well? Did you experience it on your (or some of your friends) dedicated server? In Lobby multiplayer mode? In single player? Basicaly any other game mode than Keen official multiplayer server?

If it happens on onc specific server, can you please give me some location where it can be observed? Does the beam always strikes like on video (out of the grid to empy space)? Does it come from some specific block? Does it injure you or other players? Does it damage grids?

Is there any possible reprosteps to this? In what situation it happens, in what time intervals? Are you still experiencing it even now, or did it happen only that day you reported it?

If it's happening even now, can you please send me log file of your game session? When you experience this beam, exit the game to stop the log from running, find the log from that session and sent it to me, please.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Any more information that you can share would help me greatly!

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi. I was never able to reproduce the beam or understand what triggers it. I play frequenty on officials, since Oct.2020, but the first time I heard of this occurring was on November 1st 2021, on Keen NA#3 official server, my friend saw it appear on the hydro ship he was building, several times that day, then I saw it too the day after, and it continued to happen to me on very rare occasions, on other official servers and different grids.

Here are other occurences I found on the web, that I believe are the same glitch:

https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengineers/comments/qzvv7r/what_the_hell_is_happening_im_building_and_this/

https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengineers/comments/vheimy/just_staring_at_my_wip_and_some_giant_red_laser/

https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengineers/comments/r02vhu/someone_else_experienced_the_same_giant_red_laser/

If it ever happens again, I will make sure I collect the log file and BP of any grid involved.

Thank you for your time.

photo

Hello, J.F. Peixoto,

it's been quite long time from our last conversation.

Any update on your side? Are you still experiencing this issue from time to time like you said, or you didn't see this artefact from that time, when playing?

If you are still experiencing it, please along with the confirmation, try to provide the files are asked before.

Thanks.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!