round window model mistake

Please Pick a Name shared this bug 20 months ago
Reported

unknown

i accidently saw it today

i cant unsee it anymore

help

(my model quality is set to low, incase this problem is LOD specific)

(it probably happens on the inverted one aswell)

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Engineer,

thanks for letting us know about this issue.

Issue was indeed successfully reproduced (yes, it's because your Low settings – thanks for specifying that). It has been listed in our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer,

after the issue was investigated by our art team, it turned out that there is no issue, really.

The reason why you are seeing the LODs switching so early and so close to your character is simply the fact that the game is running on Low graphical preset.

There are standardized distances for all the blocks which are set just for the High quality preset. The Medium and Low quality distances are automatically calculated based on the High settings distances.

As this method is consistent with all other blocks, there is no point to change it just for the window one.

Moreover, when you are playing on Low graphical preset, this should be expected price, to have the game in lower visual quality. Also these fast switches have their purpose which is to improve performance.

Hope you understand the reasoning. Will close this thread.

Kind Regards

photo

i think you may have missed my point, im fully aware the existence of LOD system which is also why i specifically mentioned that im on low model quality

the issue that im meant to express is the fact that the window edge is mis-aligned, rather then the edge been sharp or hard, and that issue is not from the LOD system but rather just the LOD model have the vertex off, and for better explaination, ima attach a few screenshot

(i imported the round window model into blender, and for good measure, it crashed twice, which means this is legit)

743b079357a01a17d7e54aa0bfbbf5ea

it is not the worlds most obvious thing, but looking at the left side edge, which is also the bottom edge of the window, when viewed from below, that edge is misaligned

to make it more obvious:

7757dd6294bb87cada37f0fe0859bdcf

the same happenes on the LOD1 as well, which is what i have in my screenshot

a34519276cb4996b32b73b4f676e70a3

photo

to act more hacky and experience and know what im doing, theres the fancy wireframe sideview aswell

8d584bddab439e1966c01fb991308153

i used lod1 here, for clean showcasing. your art team will understand those screenshot better, but to be simple, this is what the top edge look like, which is built correctly (everything aligned)

and this picture below is the bottom edge

07d6dd15ec26835300c193c66b312fb1

from the red arrow, the inner side wireframe viewed from the side seems suddenly messier when compare to how it looked like in the upper edge

this is a noticeable error, it might not be big, but this is an error

photo

Hello, Please Pick a Name,

thanks for coming back and making the issue more clear.

After closer look with artists, we really think this is broken.

I will switch this thread back to Reported awaiting fix, as I made new ticket in our internal system.

Kind Regards

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file