Ore Detection Issue - I'm Not gonna stop till its fixed.

Conor Lewis shared this bug 21 months ago
Reported

SO... I love this game Keen, and as we all know, Ore Detection is a consistent issue in this game I've played for quite some time across different accounts. I've seen so many reports of issues, and I've watched many others struggle with it.

I just started a world with my friend, and again, no ore detection, No Mods. Totally Vanilla, My hand Drill doesnt detect anything, my ore detectors don't detect anything. I've played for more then long enough to know how they're supposed to work so before the ususal |

- Yes ore detectors powered, even tho hand drill shouldn't need it.

- Yes, H has been set to fully visable

- Yes, O Player antenna is on.

- Yes, there is an attached antenna on the grid of the ore detectors too.

- Yes, they are all shared with factions and all.

- In addition I do believe I saw some Ice I stood on at the very start ID'd but since then none has and standing on any ice or Ore since has shown nothing, with hand drill.

Mining is such a huge part of this game, and this seriously needs to get fixed.

I love this game, but for every new player that runs into this issue, it spoils the game, when you have to make a new world or even reinstall the game - just to fix an issue like this.

Replies (2)

photo

Its gotten worse, reloaded the world in offline, moved to another nickle vein i found searching in creative, finally got it to render the ore notification while holding my hand drill, and it only gives stone, suggesting that its a desync in whats displayed as texture vs what the game things youre mining.

photo

Hello, Conor!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. I have successfully reproduced the issue and reported it internally.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file