This object is in archive! 

Game crashes right before intro cinematic

Xena shared this bug 20 months ago
Won't Fix

Hi,

I've been in the mood to play SE again after about a year of not touching the game but after downloading it from steam multiple times onto HDD and SSD, I couldn't get it to start. The game loads up the full black screen that you're supposed to see before the intro cinematic and crashes before it would start.

I've attached the latest log I have of trying to start the game.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Yena,

thanks for reaching to our forum regardign your issue.

From the log you provided, I think your issue might be due to two things:

1) Please make sure the game uses one (better) graphic card. I assume the GeForce one. Please make sure the game is not trying to launch using the Intel UDH Graphics.

2) Your log is full of "TryChangeToFullscreen failed" errors.

If you are in the game, in the main menu at least, you can try to change the resolution and window mode there. Or if you are not able to get to Options – Display Settings from the game, you can try to locate this file on your PC and change the value manually.

For this, go to SE folder in Roaming, by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar, you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\. There you should be able to find a SpaceEngineers.cfg file. You can open in using e.g. notepad. Find line 90 and 92, that says

<Key>WindowMode</Key>

<Value xsi:type="xsd:string">1</Value>

By changing the number in line 92, you can change the Fullscreen setting here manually. It goes like: Windowed 0, Fullscreen window 1 and Fullscreen 2. Save the file and try to run the game.

Hope something from these fixes/workarounds will work for you.

Please let me know.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!