This object is in archive! 

missing body bag

coolshot001 shared this bug 21 months ago
Solved

hi when me and my friend were playing on my survival world i made sure that permanent death was disabled but had other settings i wanted enabled but when me or my friend died before the new update we were able to retrieve our body bag but recently when i was on and i had a encounter right as i died i respawned and seen that my body bag isnt around

no creations were involved and mostly character bug but if there is a method of fixing without update let me know

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, coolshot001,

thanks for letting us know and for reaching our forum with your problem.

Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce this when tried on my side. Backpacks are persistent when character dies for as long as they should. There is 5 min cap of backpack persistency. After this time – which is still longer than the player's body – it will disappear from the world. This goes for online Lobby mode. Are you playing this in this mode, or on dedicated server?

Are you sure you didn't take more time to get back to the place where you died initially?

If you are playing on dedicated server, you can set the time there better in DSGUI – Players tab and there you can find line Backpack Despawn Time. You can set different times there.

So please, can you share more information in what mode you are playing? If in Lobby, there is no easy way how to change this (you would need to change the setting directly in the sbc files, not in game), or if you are playing on dedicated server, you can check the despawn time there.

If you still think that this functionality is howhow broken in your game, can you please send me save file with your affected game, so I can check it there, please?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

hi but the server is a friends only server but I'm not sure if it would be a non dedicated server but when i do respawn and i look for gps for the body bag it doesn't show up and when i went to gps menu its not there but when i looked where my body bag should be which wasn't far from med bay it wasn't there but if wanted i will send the save file if i can figure it out and send it to you and this action happened to me and my friends and are unsure on how it happened but if theres a way to see the body bag settings if theres is any can you send a step by step to better locate it but other than that i could send the file of the world

photo

i found the issue i didnt realized that with the build and repair system would actually take players item when they died in range of the build and repair system block i knew it was collecting stuff thats floating on the ground but i didnt knew that it would pick up the players stuff in the body bag but ill still stay updated for any bugs

photo

Hello, coolshot001,

thanks for looking more into it and finding what was the issue origin.

As you probably know, we do not provide support for mods, only to vanilla (no mods) game. So next time you find something like this, please try the same as well in non-modded world. If the issue proves only happening on the modded world/server, either delete the mod from the game, or let its owner/creator know. It's their responsibility to make sure mods are working fine with the current clean game.

Hope you understand. Will close this thread.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!