This object is in archive! 

Game corrupts saved games and timer blocks aren't working

i73fin shared this bug 21 months ago
Won't Fix

Made vehicle with many hinges. Groupped hinges (like HingesA, HingesB, HingesC) but for some reason like HingesB has also hinges that should be in group HingesA only. I remove them from HingesB and save game, next time I load game hinge groups are messed up again. Looks like game corrupts saved games in that matter.

Also have many timer blocks, and when thrusters are supposed to start in timer block 2 for example they might work - once. Never again after that, not even when loading saved game where they worked. If I remove thrusters and place completely new ones, they work - maybe once. Seems like some of them work, not all (like 50% newly placed thrusters work). Doesn't really make any sense.

I'm playing vanilla (up to date), no mods.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello i7fin!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.

Can you please provide a save file with reliable steps to reproduce your issue?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

This bug seems recreation of bug I reported earlier ("Multiple bugs appeared", Closed #14303-06-12)

Steps to reproduce issue: try to group thrusters and turn them on/off with timer blocks. Thrusters turn "dead" or some of them might work. Replacing thrusters with new ones may work once, maybe.. or just some of them. Timer blocks just can't turn on/off thrusters for some reasons.

I attached file where my creation is.

photo

About save game option - I've noticed saved game isn't actually from the moment it's been made. For instance huge construction front of me, spinning slowly. If I save game when it's in 90 degrees and 100 meters away, next time I load save game it's not in 90 degrees, can be like 45 degrees and moved hundred meters or so. It's like game keeps calculating movement from saved game to current time and replaces object's coords with current coords instead of those in saved game when reloading saved game.

And what comes to timer blocks, lots of problems with them in recent times. If timer block 1 should put thrusters on, timer block 2 off, timer block 3 on etc. thrusters usually stop responding after timer block 1. They may work all the way from start to finish once, but never again after that. If they worked in saved game, they will not work when you reload saved game.

photo

Hello i7fin!

Is it please possible to provide a video of the issue happening? I have been having a look at your save but am unable to quite understand the issue. A video would be a great help :)

Kind Regards,

Laura, QA Department

photo

Trying to show the bugs in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86LNAUjW0Ps

I was lucky actually, managed to get 50% of thrusters working. Quite often it's 100% disappoitment. I removed all hinges and managed to get thrusters working thru all timer blocks (tried twice), so maybe hinges make timer blocks bug with thrusters. Any kind of thrusters.

Also the view thingy - seems it's not happening unless object has gravity. It kinds of spins object little and even moves the object over the time and when I reload saved game looks like game has been calculating object's angle/distance all the time and updates coords instead of using them from saved game.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thanks for sharing the saved game file and the video with us. We greatly appreciate it.

Our QA Team has gone through your saved file, and following the steps you suggested, we have successfully reproduced the Thruster On/Off issue with timer blocks. Though we have a way around which you can try to resolve this particular issue ;

1. Press K to access the grid's terminal
  2. Find/Click on the M-Hydros group and Disable the Thrust Override (for testing purpose)
  3. Find/Click on the M-Timer Block 2 and click on Setup Actions. Here in the Toolbar, right-mouse-click on the M-Hydros (which opens the options for this action) and right-mouse-click on the Toggle Block On.
  4. Press the Esc button and find/click on the M-Timer Block 3 and click on Setup Actions. Here in the Toolbar, right-mouse-click on the M-Hydros (which opens the options for this action) and click right-mouse-click on the Toggle Block On.
  5. Press the Esc button twice and Manually trigger M-Timer Block 1. Thrusters should work as expected now.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Concerning Grouped hinges and view issue, could you please confirm if you are still experiencing this issue?

We are looking forward to assisting you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!