This object is in archive! 

Achievements not fully registering on steam.

Truetorker shared this bug 20 months ago
Won't Fix

Hello, I'm reaching out due to an issue I'm having with the Space Engineers Achievements on steam, steam support directed me here. I've been playing SE since 2017 and really enjoy it, recently I have been trying to get all the Achievements. I have completed most of them, but I didn't get or lost the achievements and my progress on many of them was reset. The save/'s being used is just a regular save with no mods or exploits, I haven't completed the scenarios recently, I am in progress with some of them, but I do remember completing a few of them some time ago this was on a previous computer I no longer own and don't have the saves. When I was reviewing what I needed to finish I realized after completing "The Bigger They Are", all my progress was removed from "The Harder They Fall", "Giant Leap For Humankind", "Explorer". The "I've Got Present For You", "Declare War", "Master Engineer", "Millionaire Club", and "The friend of the factions" were Removed from my Achievements. I believe I also had "The Story Begins", Promoted Engineer" and "Engineering Degree" but I don't remember 100%. I have since restarted my progress on these, I was lost on "Master Engineer" as I had at this time over 300 hours, I randomly re'received the achievement 9 days later (Attaching picture proof of this). Only "Explorer" and "Giant Leap.." are tracking progress as well. "I've Got Present For You", "Declare War", "Millionaire Club", and "The friend of the factions" I've redone, some many times, "The Harder They Fall" has not tracked any progress and is 0/1,000,000 despite me making progress on it. I will be continuing to try and Reachieve these, help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. My Steam User is TrueTorker02.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Truetorker,

thanks for contacting us and letting us know about the problem that you are experiencing. We are sorry that it is happening to you in a first place.

However, this really doesn't seem like a ingame issue.

From your text, I do understand that it happened when you were switching PC to another one, installed Steam, launch SE and your achievements were wiped. That is... unfortunate, at least, but really not issue on our side. Or I can not understand how that might be possible. Our game is sending the data from the game to Steam to activete the achievements on your profile, from that moment, it's out of our hands.

What actually might happen is, that you launched the SE on new machine too soon and the achievements weren't fully synced from the Steam side. You launched the game and there were no achievements unlocked yet, because you were running the game "for the first time". In this case, it's possible that the game pushed the blank achievements status to Steam once you finished playing and they were changed there as well.

There is a debug option for wiping achievements completely, but I'm pretty sure you would know if you do that manually.

I personally never seen this issue, nor can I reproduce it on my side. If you have some steps to reproduce that might lead to this outcome, can you please share these?

All in all, I understand this that it was rather one time issue, right? And now, once you get the achievements again, they stay active. If so, it really looks like that case I wrote here. Just make sure you have Steam running in online mode and the game is fully synced with Steam/your account. There should be short syns session after you finish the game that you can see in Download tab on your Steam library page.

If you have any information, steps and such, that could possibly lead me toward reproduction of this issue on my side, please share me those. If not... I fear that I can not help you, really.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!