This object is in archive! 

Max block render distance only 3km? Friends only game.

Toby Evans shared this bug 20 months ago
Won't Fix

Cant see blocks over 3km away. Doesn't help that a lot of weapons can fire beyond 3km and the size of certain ships and stations are huge and suddenly pop into view.

Changing the view distance and sync distance in the files hasn't changed anything.

Makes gameplay kinda limiting when using mods that add long range weapons because you cant even see what you are shooting at.

2 files below show the 3km render distance issue.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or something but any help would be appreciated!

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Toby,

thanks for letting us know.

I must say that I do not get the issue that you are mentioning. Are you sure you changed it in all needed files?

On DS, it's easier – you only find the sync distance under Environment tab, save the settings and run the server.

But since you are mentioning Friend only online setting, I take it you are playing in Lobby mode from the game, right?

In this case... please find you save file (type %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves), find your saved game that you want to play on, open its folder and find Sandbox.sbc and Sandbox_config.sbc files. You should be able to open these using any text formating program. Then you need to find and change SyncDystance value in both of these files. Save the files and run the game.

If you change the value in only one of these files, and the other file is still having just those 3km, it gets rewritten upon first load of the game with these changed settings.

After I did this, I can clearly see blocks/ships/bases without any problem in the set range. See my screen; the ships and base visible there is more than 6km far.

Let me know if this works for you as well.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!