Solar panel is not prioritized right on small grids in creative mode. Photo proof.

Nick shared this bug 20 months ago
Reported

After trying to explain and failing I found a way to properly show it. First is a save loaded in survival with the full batts set to auto working correctly with the solar power and the time remaining being -.

The 2nd pic is the same save file loaded in creative mode and the solar panels not being calculated at all instead showing 4 days left from the internal battery power being used.

Best Answer
photo

Hello, Nick,

yes, I was able to reproduce it :)

Thank you for the save file, with this in my hands, the reproduction was actually easy. Thank you again for providing that.

Issue was put into our internal system.

I will close the other thread from you about this as duplicate towards this one.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies (2)

photo

I hope this better explains the issue I have been seeing.

photo

Hello, Nick,

thanks for another thread reagardig this issue. And while having the image is fine, I'm still not able to reproduce it responsibly and with clear steps to reproduce on at least one grid that I build and tried it with.

Can I please ask to actually send me either whole save file, where you can observe this issue by simply switching from Survival to Creative and vice versa, or at lease a blueprint of the rover, so I can try to on proven grid, that it is broken on?

For save:

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Or for blueprint:

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

photo

Hi again Ondrej, I actually just decided to upload it to the workshop anyways since this issue is only noticed in creative mode. I know this does not seem like a important one, but it does make it kind of tedious when tweaking power draws from certain parts and not being able to get solar power + batts showing true unless you swap between survival and creative often. Here's the blueprint if it helps you https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2839164113

You would have to be in a survival game in sunlight and place it so the panels are getting hit from light. When you first spawn the vehicle you must press 3 once in the cockpit to turn on all the systems and P to release the brake. For testing just the panels and batts you can have this 3 group left off to not cause extra power draining.

All I did was find a sunny spot in alien near the start it had "-" time remaining with the solar helping the full batts in survival mode, save the game, reload that save in creative where it's being now replace with "4 hours" from the batteries running it all with no solar power being calculated. You could disable the batts and make it run on solar alone, but once on the batts take priority.

Made a save file with my rover in a spot with sunlight in survival mode. unfortunately It won't let me upload it here.

Hope this helps anyways, kind regards as well.

Nick

photo

I did just noticed the part where you mentioned zipping the file, here's the save file also.

photo

Hi again Ondrej Borz.

Just wondering if you were able to replicate the issue this time using the save file / vehicle in question.

photo

Hello, Nick,

yes, I was able to reproduce it :)

Thank you for the save file, with this in my hands, the reproduction was actually easy. Thank you again for providing that.

Issue was put into our internal system.

I will close the other thread from you about this as duplicate towards this one.

Kind Regards

photo

Awesome, glad to hear it was not just on my side or something strange with my computer.

Thanks for looking into it Ondrej, hope you and the team have a great day.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file